Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01.08.2004, 14:32   #16
Banned

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Question

Hi,

Can anybody advise me where in Yerevan I can buy audiotapes of complex English. I mean with very advanced oral English?

Thanks in advance,
Old 02.08.2004, 21:31   #17
the happiest girl

Downloads: 1

Jessika, aren't audiotapes kind of obsolete? Not sure they sell it anywhere in Yerevan
Old 03.08.2004, 02:23   #18
Banned

I cannot find good quality English with complex and rich vocabulary.
Old 03.08.2004, 13:04   #19
Provocative

Downloads: 9

Barew Jessika!

Never been in Armenia, but I just had an idea. Why don't you go to the British Embassy, or the British Council (preferably this last one if it exists) in Yerevan, and ask for advice?

Many British Councils around the world run their own schools of language (the only real schools for English out of England, as all the others are just "money making machines", especially Berlitz and all the americans) and have all kinds of supports for teaching the language.

Lav egheq!
De ton corps doux et chaud,
J'ai envie d'être aimé Domino

From a beautiful love song of the 50s called Domino, music by Louis Ferrari, lyrics by Jacques Plante
Old 09.08.2004, 23:52   #20
Banned

Hi Red Cross,

Thanks for good ideas but our British council is not a good place to go for such advices. They do not help and as a matter of fact generate negative feelings toward the government of Her Majesty by their work style, the same can be said about the embassy.

I decided to order via Internet.

Bests,
Old 10.08.2004, 00:11   #21
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika
Hi Red Cross,

Thanks for good ideas but our British council is not a good place to go for such advices. They do not help and as a matter of fact generate negative feelings toward the government of Her Majesty by their work style, the same can be said about the embassy.

I decided to order via Internet.

Bests,
I suppose the Red is me... not the Cross... just kidding...

Now serious, it surprises me! My daughter and my oldest son completed the Proficiency from Cambridge University attending classes in the Porto's British Council, and during all the time they were simply super nice...

May be a complain direct to their boss... I mean about the way they attend people, because if they don't run a school in Armenia, there isn't much they can do...

Lav egheq!
Old 10.08.2004, 17:42   #22
Banned

Thanks for comments but I do not want to spend time on improvement of British council work quality in Armenia. Besides as far as I know Ms. Ambassadoreeee hates Armenian people and considers 1915 genocide as occasional event of WWI.
Old 10.08.2004, 21:50   #23
Provocative

Quote:
Thanks for comments but I do not want to spend time on improvement of British council work quality in Armenia.
The decision is yours... not mine...
Quote:
Besides as far as I know Ms. Ambassadoreeee hates Armenian people
If it's true, this is very serious and your Government should be aware of it, not receiving his(her) credentials, and consider him/her as "persona non grata"
Quote:
and considers 1915 genocide as occasional event of WWI.
An ambassador can't think for him(her)self. He(she) must reflect the official position of his(her) Government. I know it hurts but it's the way things are...

Anyway, don't bother much about the english language, its complexity nor its rich vocabulary...

As a matter of fact one of the main reasons (if not the main one) of the prevailing use of english in the world is its simplicity, and the reduced vocabulary when compared with any other so-called western languages...

You speak Russian, don't you? I speak Portuguese, don't I? I will say no more...

Lav egheq!
Old 11.08.2004, 06:51   #24
Banned

Rich vocabulary is necessary for proper development of mentality. As much adverbs and adjectives one knows so well defines the surrounding world developing ability to use more complex categories at thinking.

Bests,
Old 11.08.2004, 07:22   #25
Академик

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Thanks for comments but I do not want to spend time on improvement of British council work quality in Armenia. Besides as far as I know Ms. Ambassadoreeee hates Armenian people and considers 1915 genocide as occasional event of WWI.

I love armenians a lot, but i have opinion that 1915 is occasional event of WWI.

So love or hate to Armenian nation is not so-connected to political point of view. Stay In Peace.
Old 11.08.2004, 14:48   #26
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaheX
I love armenians a lot, but i have opinion that 1915 is occasional event of WWI.

So love or hate to Armenian nation is not so-connected to political point of view. Stay In Peace.
Barew all!

This should not be read as putting more wood on the fire. What I really wish deeply is a deep peace and subsequent friendship between Armenians and Turkish. It happens that between my good friends abroad I count at least an Armenian and a Turkish.

But I don't like seeing things treated so lightly as "occasional event of WWI". I've made a war myself and know very well that very dirty things (unthinkable in normal conditions) can happen as a result of it. And always thought that there is no Court (made of Generals who always stayed in their offices, reading reports, without the necessary knowledge of reality) with enough power for judging this. But what I've read about Armenian Genocide, even if I take the lowest figures is different. We are in presence of something organized in an office for the people in the field to execute. And this is a crime commited in cold blood. Not the result of some local hysterical reaction to a supposed act from the ennemy. So the orderers of such acts should have been judged and convicted for that crime.

Quote:
I just leave you with two quotes from "wikipedia" which are self-explanatory:
After waves of massacres the Ottoman government ordered the deportation of over 1 million Armenians living in Anatolia to Syria and Mesopotamia. Although the word deportation seems pretty innocent, things were not, because the deportations themselves were a silent method of massacring the rest of population, by forcing them to march endlessly through desert, without food or water or enough protection from local Kurdish or Turkish mobs. In the process several hundred thousand died in the resulting death marches from starvation, dehydration, disease or exhaustion.
Quote:
Some Turkish sources claim that 200,000 Armenians died whereas some Armenian sources claim 2,500,000 Armenians died. Talat Pasha, a prominent Young Turk and Grand Vizier from 1917-1918, claimed that 300,000 Armenians died. Toynbee estimates that 600,000 Armenians died during the Second Massacre. McCarthy (who is known to have a strong pro-Turkey bias) independently arrived at the same number of deaths.
The historians estimate there were between 500,000 and 2,000,000 dead, but 1,500,000 is mostly used and accepted.
No one was judged, so it happened with Stalin in the former Soviet Union. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide#Soviet_Union .

I don't believe that any of the true responsibles for the Armenian Genocide is still alive. So it's time for the real people (Armenian and Turkish) give hands and try to help building a new world where things of that kind never happen again!

Peace be with all the world!
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама