Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27.10.2004, 14:08   #16
Provocative

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsilocybeLarvae
Red Stone, should I believe your posts exist when I turn the PC off? Come to think about it ..I have never seen you
You... humans... you'll never be able to seeing a royal demon, like me...

It's not your fault... after all you're just a woman (I love women, remember? ) ... so you can only feel (not seeing) the demon's existence...

By the way, you have not yet said whether or not you saw the tree falling down...
De ton corps doux et chaud,
J'ai envie d'être aimé Domino

From a beautiful love song of the 50s called Domino, music by Louis Ferrari, lyrics by Jacques Plante
Old 27.10.2004, 14:24   #17
Provocative

Barew!

Speaking about paradoxes, there is one (saw it long ago in a Pitigrilli's book) with which I identify myself completely. I'm going to reproduce it (by memory, in a free translation):
Quote:
When I see a naked feminine leg I don't feel excited. What excites me is seeing that very same leg covered by fishnet stockings...
Old 27.10.2004, 16:26   #18
Banned

Downloads: 0

its not even a paradox.
Old 27.10.2004, 21:19   #19
Академик

Downloads: 1

No, it doesn't make a sound, it makes crush.
Old 27.10.2004, 21:41   #20
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_z_rd
No, it doesn't make a sound, it makes crush.
Old 28.10.2004, 05:14   #21
the happiest girl

Red Stone, I vaguely recall being there and tree falling on my head That would explain a lot wouldn't it?

speaking about paradoxes, have you got another?
Old 28.10.2004, 14:32   #22
Provocative

Quote:
Red Stone, I vaguely recall being there and tree falling on my head That would explain a lot wouldn't it?
Eureka!

Now almost everything looks clear to me!

Let's rebuild the story... (at this stage, we can hear some Wagner's music)
Quote:
Agregat was cutting trees in the woods. Here I'm not sure if a certain Wizard (who lost part of the name, for unknown reasons) was helping him killing those lovely beings.

That day, you, PsilocybeLarvae, decided to go for a lonely long walk in the woods. Forgetting that the best in the woods is hearing the music made by the little nice birds, you brought with you your discman (or shall I say discwoman?), and were hearing Joan Baez (good taste, by the way) with the help of headphones, so being unable to noticing the noise made by the mechanical saw, nor anybody's presence. Neither Agregat himself, paying full attention to the saw and tree, could afford seeing your approach...

Suddenly the tree falls at the exact moment you were passing by, and hits your head!

Three days later, the only consequence left from the accident is your partial amnesia...
I sincerely hope that all the above helps you to recover!
Old 28.10.2004, 15:19   #23
Provocative

Quote:
speaking about paradoxes, have you got another?
Have you got anything against fishnet stockings?

Well... I don't know if I can call it a paradox, but anyway here it goes.

It was in Paris some 20 years ago that - for the first and only time in my life - I met personnaly an armenian. Working for my bank, that wanted to expand its activities in France, I was seeing what was going on in the foreign area of a foreign bank in Paris, and Mr K. (naturalised as french, but of full armenian origin) was in charge of the foreign department of that bank. So during two months we had daily (and sometimes long) contacts. And professionally things ran always smoothly.

When I had my work almost finished, Mr K. invited me to having dinner at home, with him and his wife (from Brittany). I accepted and in the schedulled day (my last day there) we left the bank, got the train up to the closer station to his place, where he picked his car and drove me in a tour of the region, before dinner time. Everything was going in a really warm manner.

As soon as he was entering his garage, he said to me:

"Well, now you must stop smoking, as my wife can't stand it! It's forbidden in the house!"

Here I must say that I really smoke a lot, I would say too much... But hearing this kind of ultimatum at the last minute was more than too much. Anyway I had to decide in seconds about something that I could (and should) be warned of at the moment of invitation. I didn't want to spoil anything and accepted the conditions imposed, trying not to show how upset I was (not for not smoking, but for the time chosen for informing me).

Needless to say that Mr K. was never part of my Xmas cards' list!

After this experience with the only armenian I knew in flesh and bones, how can I explain that I dare to participate in an armenian forum, more, that I've real friends here?
Old 29.10.2004, 11:54   #24
the happiest girl

Red Stone, lovely recreation of the story. Thank you

Would you accept the inivitation if you'd knew about the non-smoking deal anyway?
Old 29.10.2004, 13:07   #25
Provocative

Quote:
Would you accept the inivitation if you'd knew about the non-smoking deal anyway?
Absolutely yes! Because I respect people around me! The problem was the lack of respect for me, when choosing the timing for information.
Old 29.10.2004, 16:48   #26
Студент

mere creation of airwaves does not constitute sound. airwave is just an airwave. sound is born only when that wave reaches the brain of a being and is processed to the perseption of sound. sound itself is not a tangible entity, but only a consept that exists in certain beings' minds.
consider this, if the tree falls in the forest and only makes 200khz airwaves and there are people around it, does it make a sound? well, there are animals that can capture such waves and record sound. so now, does it make a sound?

even though this question seems to be just a fun pasttime for riddle-loving people, i always tend to take it seriously. sorry

so, this question is rather physiological, physiopsychological than linguistic.
Old 31.10.2004, 07:23   #27
Академик

Downloads: 11

Quote:
How about we agree there is no God and call it quits
you didn't get meaning.
Old 31.10.2004, 17:50   #28
the happiest girl

erexa, I did

_Harut_, I guess a lot here depends on definition of sound. If we define sound as merely vibrations, then yes there will be sound even when there is nobody around.
Old 11.11.2004, 22:07   #29
Студент

Quote:
_Harut_, I guess a lot here depends on definition of sound.
yes, i guess. but i still don't believe that this,
Quote:
If we define sound as merely vibrations
is the correct definition of sound. i would define sound not as a physical entity in forms of waves, but a psychological perseption of these waves. so, if there is no perseption, there is no sound.

imagine, we (and all the other living beings) didn't have the sense of sound. would the falling tree still make sound? would we know what sound is, "how it sounds" ()? but the falling tree would still have the same physical impact on the environment (in forms of airwaves).

see, i took this too seriously again...
Old 11.11.2004, 22:18   #30
the happiest girl

wait, definitions are neither correct nor incorrect, they are just like ..um.. names
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама