Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30.10.2004, 14:52   #16
the happiest girl

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono
There is no any freedom of speech in Armenia. We want tell the people about the System but no any media gives us a time.. Because they are al corrupted.
Mono, are you refering to broadcast? Press in Armenia is not really controled as far as I am concerned, the other thing is that newspapers are partisan (either pro-government or anti), so very few people are interested in reading those newspapers in Armenia.
Old 30.10.2004, 14:54   #17
the happiest girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix
The problem is that we cannot develop our own standard of democracy suited for us.
suited for us? what is that supposed to mean?
Old 30.10.2004, 14:55   #18
the happiest girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Harut_
interestingly enough, my experience has been the opposite, especially as far as the freedom of press is considered. here in usa, you can find armenian newspapers and tv channels with views ranging from the most ultra conservative to the most liberal, from the most pro-governmental to the most pro-oppositionary. while there are people who complain about the existance of those media sources who they don't belong to, generally people here expect to have that balance and the freedom and wish the same for armenia. (at least that's what my experience has been with people around here)
Good to know
Old 30.10.2004, 15:02   #19
панаехавший

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsilocybeLarvae
suited for us? what is that supposed to mean?
I brought a somewhat vague but still actual example. It's difficult for me at least to describe a system 'suited for us', one thing I know is that democracy by definition means the rule of the people, and there are things in todays definition of democracy by western structures which aren't accepted by our society. In this case I say that we must change the western standards rather than our society.
Old 30.10.2004, 17:04   #20
Дошкольник

Quote:
There is no any freedom of speech in Armenia. We want tell the people about the System but no any media gives us a time.. Because they are al corrupted.
Sounds almost like a "Matrix"... I agree that the freedom of speech in Armenia is restricted, but my sence is that you are hinting on something bigger. Global dominace (i.e. US dominance?) Is that what you mean?
Old 30.10.2004, 17:31   #21
Студент

Quote:
If the US elections will become fraudulent one then i will say what it is??
that, you can count on.
Old 30.10.2004, 17:42   #22
Студент

sorry, i don't have time to discuss the points that were brought up (i will shortly), but just wanted to add that whatever we what to achieve, be it any kind of freedom, liberty, democracy, etc. we have to understand the basics first and foremost. we have to understand on what groud those consepts stand on, and try to start building them from those foundations. otherwise we end up with anarchy or totalitarianism.

and plus, i don't live in armenia currently, so my views may be scewed from reality.
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама