Armenian Knowledge Base  

Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > General Discussions > English Only
Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14.09.2005, 13:03   #31
eco-friendly

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

It's no use memorizing words out of a context, believe me... Even if you remember them, they will be nothing but a part of your so called "passive" vocabulary - words that you seem to know (more or less) but can't use properly. The best thing you can do is remember the whole phrase or sentence, which contains a new word or expression

Mark Twain
Old 14.09.2005, 13:14   #32
bored elephant

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's no use memorizing words out of a context, believe me... Even if you remember them, they will be nothing but a part of your so called "passive" vocabulary - words that you seem to know (more or less) but can't use properly. The best thing you can do is remember the whole phrase or sentence, which contains a new word or expression
I am agree with you...It's the way I studied all my vocabulary...I just brought an others opinion...It's really goes to your "passive" vocabulary, but maybe it could help someone...and still the "passive" vocabulary is a part of our vocabulary.
The similiar way I use is:
I write phrases and even whole sentences in a special notebook(here it is instead of the wall ) and sometimes when going to bed just look over it for a few minutes.
Old 14.09.2005, 15:25   #33
poor misguided fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd
Friends,
Lately I read in a book a method of remembering new words. Here it is:
You write words(which you want to learn in a some period of time) on sheet of papers and hang them on the walls around your room...You can write them in different colors and sizes to make them more "visible". After a defined period of time you find that you know most of them!!! Sure it is for ones who spent most of their time in their room...and look sometimes on the walls
I haven't tried it myself...but it seems to be helpful
i've tried hanging my biology stuff on the wall in order to memorize but it's useless. after some time you just don't notice it. it becomes the part of the design of your room.
Old 14.09.2005, 15:36   #34
bored elephant

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightontheshore
i've tried hanging my biology stuff on the wall in order to memorize but it's useless. after some time you just don't notice it. it becomes the part of the design of your room.
Maybe...I haven't tried such a way...but writing down in notebook is quite helpful...
Old 14.09.2005, 15:53   #35
derWolf

Default choosing a teacher

I taught English for a certain period, and I'd like to give you some advice. There are a few issues often ignored by students of foreign languages.

The first is the choice of a teacher. It is extremely important for you to be psychologically compatible with your teacher. If his/her manner irritates you, you'll never learn anything with him/her. Because nobody's going to test you for compatibility with your future teacher, you are responsible for your choice. If you dislike your teacher at the first lesson, this doesn't mean he/she is a bad teacher. However, you should change him/her as soon as possible. Don't hope the situation improves some day.
Old 29.10.2009, 10:12   #36
Младенец

Smile Re: How to learn English?

Well, Resources such as books are not enough, since you will have A LOT of difficulty pronouncing the words without a person teaching you how. Unless you get one of those LangLearner that teach you many languages like Rosetta Stone...VERY Quick way of learning other Languages!! Many more languages I'm learning with this tool, and it's very helpful.
Old 08.01.2010, 21:56   #37
Избранная

Downloads: 3
Default Re: How to learn English?

Is there somebody who has passed GRE CAT or TOEFL IBT or someone who is going to and preparing now?
I have to pass these 2 in a month. Please, help me with downloaded material if you have.
Thanks..
Old 22.07.2017, 10:01   #38
Младенец

Some tips to learn english:
1. Don't be afraid to make mistakes.
2. Surround yourself in English.
3. Practise every day.
4. Newspapers are a good place to learn english.
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама