Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > General Discussions > English Only
Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04.01.2006, 10:38   #1
the happiest girl

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Exclamation Please contribute to a study on Armenian genocide

Guys, I have been asked to post these questions on the forum by a foreign student who is conducting a research on genocide. I would appreciate if you could find a little time to answer them.

Thank you.

1. What role does the Armenian genocide play in your life today?

2. How does it live on in your memory, and how does it affect your everyday life?

3. The republic of Armenia has commemorated the genocide through museums and memorials, but how have you as an individual been shaped by it, if at all?
Old 05.01.2006, 06:07   #2
Студент

Downloads: 10
Default Re: Please contribute to a study on Armenian genocide

1- the continious refusal of Turkey and the USA to recognize the Armenian Genocide , confirms to me that we are (victims ) yes I feel victimised
2-My grandmother is a survivor of the Genocide , she was orphaned and separated from her family . she is still alive , her presance and her stories are a reminder for me of the suffering that took place . I feel her pain every day that I see her
3-I feel the RA can do even more . I write letters and articles, I teach my fellow Canadians as much as I know , I go on protest marches . I write to my members of Parliament urging them to not forget the Armenian Genocide and to recognize it
Old 05.01.2006, 14:54   #3
панаехавший

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsilocybeLarvae
Guys, I have been asked to post these questions on the forum by a foreign student who is conducting a research on genocide. I would appreciate if you could find a little time to answer them.

Thank you.

2. How does it live on in your memory, and how does it affect your everyday life?

3. The republic of Armenia has commemorated the genocide through museums and memorials, but how have you as an individual been shaped by it, if at all?
1. It doesn't play some particular role. It is part of the respect and love I have towards my people and my country.

And on Sevanas post, I personally don't feel myself victimized, absolutely.

2. It makes me have a feeling of respect towards other nations who have suffered genocide, particularily Jews and the Tutsis in Rwanda.

It also adds to my looking at turks as at enemies.

3. Personally I feel the governmento is using the genocide as a political tool. The genocide should be remembered, it should not be politicized.
Old 05.01.2006, 17:47   #4
Студент

Downloads: 10

Obelix , you are free to have your opinion , but the differance between the Jews and us is that the Jewish case was settled and they never stop reminding the world that the tragedy took place , how ever the Armenian Genocide has not been recognized yet by certain nations , and we are victims of todays politics
Old 05.01.2006, 19:12   #5
the happiest girl

Thank you for replying.
Old 06.01.2006, 19:07   #6
poor misguided fool

1. it doesn't play any role.

2. it doesn't affect on my everyday life but i keep the memory of my ancestors... i keep in my mind my great-grandmother who suffered the Genocide as a 5-year-old girl. i'll never forget the stories she told me

3. in this point i completely agree with obelix
Quote:
Personally I feel the governmento is using the genocide as a political tool. The genocide should be remembered, it should not be politicized.
Old 07.01.2006, 20:50   #7
the happiest girl

Thanks, lightontheshore.
Old 25.01.2006, 07:43   #8
грызун-пацифист...

Arrow Re: Please contribute to a study on Armenian genocide

Questions:

Answers:

1. Difficult question! First of all, I try not to forget the victims as I do respect their memory. Also I have a feeling Armenia needs stronger historical-political structure, let's say a stable Institution representing this issue worldwide to urge the rest of countries accept the Armenian Genocide ASAP. The more we hesitate the harder it comes to proclaim the Mass Massacre a fact worth adopting and taking seriously. The USA should become our next main "target"!

2. My family suffered a lot, that’s true. My grandma lost her roots while moving to another country. My ancestors lived through bad times and their children cried tears of sorrow. In the meantime, the past does not affect my life today the way many flag-wavers would expect. Historically the event was and is a great tragedy for all. My main concern is that eventually it did not teach us any good lesson. What Armenian government is doing frustrates me: The national tragedy became perfect basement for establishing mechanisms to benefit from. This is not for improving people’s lives, but for ensuring certain pockets' fullness. Let us show the world the real Armenian Spirit without stressing “nation”, “nationality”, “traditions”, “patriotic”, and other popular words and expressions. Let us keep active, tolerant, loyal and mindful of the perpetual renewal that symbolizes Armenian people’s epic story of survival. We should shed light on the past, and in the same time, we have to learn how to prevent violence in future. Life goes on. "Life is for learning". (J. Mitchell).

3. On the 90th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, Armenia Tree Project announced the launch of memorial tree planting to reach all corners of the Armenian Homeland. In 2005 ATP planted more than 90, 000 trees due to the donations received from locals and, mostly, from Diaspora. I have also planted a “Tree of Hope” obtained from the Armenia Tree Project to commemorate the memory of all the victims. Hopefully, this yet tiny seedling will live further to witness history. Also it will stand as guardian of the precious Armenian land – protecting it from the rampant deforestation which has already knocked our door. I call all Armenians- Join this supportive campaign not to spend the rest of your days in the bared desert, but face the prospective future in flourishing Armenia.

Last edited by Belka; 25.01.2006 at 08:33.
Old 25.01.2006, 12:15   #9
the happiest girl

Bel jan, thank you
Old 26.01.2006, 11:19   #10
★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsilocybeLarvae
Let me slightly re-phrase your question because not the Armenian genocide plays a role in our lives but the factors we can (or more likely cannot) change in one way or another by our own distructive/constructive actions ... to myself changing that factor that's what important for getting to another level of mental and psycho freedom for both turks and armenians...

Quote:
This is just an armenian element of world perception - kind of an armenian tree of knowledge of good and evil. For us (me too) this was nothning but a genocide of more than one and half mil. of innocent people, they (Turks) are used to what their books on history at schools taught and continue to teach them - what's most frightening is that the psychological war goes on from both ways and there will be no last answer to the problem so long as the factors I talked about above are not changed in a just way or another ... imho it's annoying for both turks and armenians not because we lost the habit of just living in peace with one another instead of playing roles for stupid ideologies and religions but just beacuse we cannot change those roles before long unless ... a just compensation and a real regret for whzat their forefathers did.

Quote:
this is a different and a long discussion topic I do not have the time for at the moment. sorry.

http://texneg.livejournal.com
Old 26.01.2006, 11:46   #11
the happiest girl

Thanks, Hrach.
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама