Armenian Knowledge Base  

Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > General Discussions > English Only
Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14.06.2006, 14:48   #16
just as it is

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Share your views of the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stone
Hmmm... it sounds like you're talking to me... ... i'm the provocative here, you know?
No, I'm not referring to you
Old 15.06.2006, 03:08   #17
Младенец

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevana
Hi Elle , I was asked by Acid to be polite to you regarding this topic , there for I only have one comment , what am I supposed to think of a nation that elected G.W. Bush twice ?
Hi Sevana. I sure wish I had some answers for you. All I can say is that I never voted for him, and we may never know if he really won that first election or not.
Old 15.06.2006, 04:22   #18
Младенец

Quote:
My dearest Sevana! You reminded me my dearest grandfather! I've never heard from him a rude word, with one exception: if/when somebody said that Salazar (a dictator who ruled my country during more than 40 years) had done something good, he would get mad and take all the rude words from his dictionary (and what a complete one he had...). Oh my! I just realize how I miss him and how unfair death was to him not letting him live three more months for seeing his country free!
That is such a nice sentiment Red Stone. I feel compelled now to hear more about your Grandfather.

Quote:
There is one thing I must say not to USA but to the so called americans (I've some american friends and they know how I think): you'll start being part of a great nation the day you stop cultivating the "We are the most powerful country in the world!" This is something you shouldn't be proud of, instead you should feel ashamed the way your leaders got and used that power!

Cheers!
Can I assume that you directed this comment to me, and that I have your permission to post it on my website? Are you in Armenia as well?
Old 15.06.2006, 04:35   #19
Младенец

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro
It's kind of funny ... I was reading this tread and thinking about one thing - provocation.

Don't get me wrong elle, I have nothing against you. But a year or so ago we had similiar sort of exchange of thoughts with very friendly person from US. In the end the thoughts of some participants were interpreted differently and presented in the WashingtonPost. The author was quite rude and presented the views of our forum participants in the light which was quite disturbing.

Now, how can I be sure that you are not the next reporter willing to play with us the same game?
Hi Astro. First I must tell you that I enjoyed looking at your website just now, and wow, what a resume you have. Quite impressive! And, I really like the web design as well.

As far as your question goes, I can only tell you that I am not a reporter, nor do I work for anyone other than myself. I cannot even say for certain that my research will produce anything more than my current website.

If you get the opportunity, please take a look at my site and you can see how, so far, I have represented those who have shared their opinions with me.
Old 15.06.2006, 08:06   #20
just as it is

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Hi Astro. First I must tell you that I enjoyed looking at your website just now, and wow, what a resume you have. Quite impressive! And, I really like the web design as well.
Hi elle, thanks for your words ... and since I like to give the deserved credit I list in my disclaimer from where the design is originating. I used to do a lot of design, but now I'm after the content.
Quote:
As far as your question goes, I can only tell you that I am not a reporter, nor do I work for anyone other than myself. I cannot even say for certain that my research will produce anything more than my current website.
For your research I would only make one comment: The views of pepople around the world can not be represented only by online survey since there are many places where population has no acess to the Internet. So for your own research you must keep this in your mind and put an aproprite statement.
Quote:
If you get the opportunity, please take a look at my site and you can see how, so far, I have represented those who have shared their opinions with me.
I see you also like Mark Twain

Your nation has a lot of potential, but you have to find the good will to drive your car to the right direction. Good Luck
:wq

Last edited by Astro; 15.06.2006 at 15:59.
Old 15.06.2006, 14:19   #21
Provocative

Downloads: 9

Quote:
That is such a nice sentiment Red Stone. I feel compelled now to hear more about your Grandfather.
Thanks Elle!
As far as hearing more from me, I'm a kind of (sentimental) anarchist, so may be you'll hear (read) more, may be you don't...
Quote:
Can I assume that you directed this comment to me, and that I have your permission to post it on my website? Are you in Armenia as well?
The comment is addressed to all the US citizens according to US law. Here while I take full responsibility for what I wrote (not for the conclusions people take from it) if Acid publicly agrees I'll have nothing against it.
As far as the place I live is concerned: you're making a research, so why don't you make a little search in this section of my beloved forum, and find yourself the answer to your question?

Cheers!
De ton corps doux et chaud,
J'ai envie d'être aimé Domino

From a beautiful love song of the 50s called Domino, music by Louis Ferrari, lyrics by Jacques Plante
Old 06.07.2006, 17:13   #22
Младенец

US... there is so much to say really. Voltaire says, "all generalizations are dangerous even this one" and following the same logic, I will not and cannot possibly frame my opinion on the US with just a couple of sentences.
First, I am Armenian, came to the US by myself to study some years back... Sure the society seems cold and indifferent compared to those Eastern "warm" countries. Yet, once you accept you are on your own and learn to feel content without dear people around, "you are set to go"... Amazing world of opportunities and above all 'relative' meritocracy holding your hand should you work hard and all. Once you start running the "American Dream" marathon, you realize the high dose of materialism does nothing but corrupt your soul - a concept not that popular among Americans, let's be frank... Americans are amazingly practical, a bit too pracitcal if you were to ask me. People create images appropriate to their trade and let those images communicate with others and lead their lives leaving behind the true essence of their being with all the human perfections and particularly imperfections... And, then you find yourself where you started, wiser and void...
Good luck with your project...
Old 06.07.2006, 18:08   #23
Provocative

Downloads: 9

Clever approach, RoseThorn!

Unfortunately it looks like Elle lost her speed...
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама