Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27.06.2006, 00:33   #1
Provocative

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Angry So... you thought...

Hi!

So you thought that slavery was abolished! Wrong! What "they" did was changing names to things.

Now "they" call my workers or my employees to the modern slaves.

And in some activities "they" aren't even ashamed of saying "We have sold A and bought B and C"

Until when???
De ton corps doux et chaud,
J'ai envie d'être aimé Domino

From a beautiful love song of the 50s called Domino, music by Louis Ferrari, lyrics by Jacques Plante
Old 27.06.2006, 01:49   #2
инсценирующи

Downloads: 22
Default Re: So... you thought...

The things don't changed, when someone declares it abolished
Things change, when people change.
Everything is meaningless until it.
Old 27.06.2006, 05:28   #3
Студент

Downloads: 10

There you go my dear Red Stone ,and you thought you were living in a perfect world
There will always be those who will control and those who will be controled
Old 27.06.2006, 15:12   #4
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevana
There you go my dear Red Stone ,and you thought you were living in a perfect world
I don't want to live in a perfect world, my dearest Sevana! It wouldn't have any taste... it would be boring!

What makes me mad is seeing people happy (in a fake way, but happy) when the "owners" throw them the rubbish they don't want anymore... Sometimes unconsciously they even co-operate with those modern "owners" and are their opression arms...

Sorry! I feel very angry these days!
Old 13.07.2006, 20:12   #5
Младенец

Downloads: 0

I think here we need to make a distinction between "direct" and "relative" slavery ("free will is not that free"...). May I know what spiked that question in your mind, particularly on "the trade" of people? And, if we take this discussion to a more detailed terrain, any specific facts...?
Old 13.07.2006, 20:25   #6
Provocative

My dear Rose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseThorn
I think here we need to make a distinction between "direct" and "relative" slavery ("free will is not that free"...).
I don't make any distinction. There is slavery period. In other words any man (or woman) who works for (not with) another man (or woman) is a slave, no matter how big the salary is!
Quote:
May I know what spiked that question in your mind, particularly on "the trade" of people?
I was thinking of the so called football (americans call it soccer) players who are openly and shamelessly traded by the so called teams leaders through the so called players agents. Voilà! But this one is a field where they already all the possible shame they could still have!

Cheers!
Old 17.07.2006, 09:10   #7
Студент

communist... :P
Old 17.07.2006, 09:14   #8
Студент

on a serious note... i don't see your example of football players as any form or shape representing slavery... nobody is forced to be a player... anyone can quit if they don't like the rules of the industry...

and working with and not for??? come on... people have evolved much since the times of hunters and gatherers...
Old 17.07.2006, 15:00   #9
Provocative

Thanks for your opinions, Harut!
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Harut_
on a serious note... i don't see your example of football players as any form or shape representing slavery...
Looking at your profile I think you live in the US, and I don't know how they deal there with football (soccer) players. But in my country it's almost a daily show seeing (and hearing) in TV some team leader sying: "We sold A and bought B and C!". A, B and C being football players. At least these ones assume clearly that they trade slaves!
Quote:
nobody is forced to be a player... anyone can quit if they don't like the rules of the industry...
Some comments there and they deal with the notion of freedom. I'll give two examples and for that I'll get back to the times when Soviet Union still existed:
1.- In the United States everybody could make a movie on any subject and expressing any opinion about that subject... provided they got the necessary funds for producing it...

2.- In the Soviet Union everybody could make a movie and funds were granted allright... provided the movie didn't contain any material that could "harm" the official doctrine...

In both situations, there is no freedom!
Quote:
and working with and not for??? come on... people have evolved much since the times of hunters and gatherers...
Just a slight correction: I said "who works for (not with)". This corrected, in my opinion there are much more harmful hunters and gatherers in our days than there were in the stone age. If I'm not right why don't the european descendents deliver America to the Indians, its legitimate owners? Our freedom "bought" with the "concession" of some reservation territories? Or do we face again the "rules of the industry"?

Cheers!
Old 18.07.2006, 13:10   #10
Silence

Downloads: 1

RS, bring back ur Lucifer avatar!!!!! i was so attached to it
Old 18.07.2006, 16:22   #11
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight
RS, bring back ur Lucifer avatar!!!!! i was so attached to it
So open a new thread with a public poll (lasting at least one month) and I'll respect the will of majority!

You know besides my two she-cats this one is the only cat I like...

Cheers!
Old 19.07.2006, 18:12   #12
Младенец

Dear Red Stone,

You have a rather loose definition of slavery
When you work for someone else, you are not being a slave to that someone. Employment is a form of exchange of goods, they give you money in exchange for your services/ your expertise. In highly professional working environment, this relationship is clear and fair more or less. Yet, in others, it is the employer of course that has the power for the simple reason that "money is power", and he/she is the one with the money, mind your services...

I think what you are referring to is rather the "relative" freedom of choice we have or lack actually. And, that is natural, no need to feel frustrated about it. If you let "masses" too free, you will have nothing but chaos. Control is good to a certain extent as long as it is ment to protect the rest of the society and more or less ensure healthy evolution of the society. What would the alternative be, anarchy? reliance on the madness of people? Eg, I do like the fact that USSR had tight controls on cartoons... there is so much of good in those animations, and in the contrary, look at the Japanese cartoons, that would make children psychologically disturbed..

Ayway, I am done with this thread. And, I thought you were talking about stuff, ayn el apparent baneri masin es huzvum. Hark chka.
Enjoy life, it is surely wonderful!

R
Old 19.07.2006, 20:08   #13
Provocative

Quote:
Dear Red Stone,

You have a rather loose definition of slavery
When you work for someone else, you are not being a slave to that someone. Employment is a form of exchange of goods, they give you money in exchange for your services/ your expertise. In highly professional working environment, this relationship is clear and fair more or less. Yet, in others, it is the employer of course that has the power for the simple reason that "money is power", and he/she is the one with the money, mind your services...
I feel awfully sad every time I see someone in his(her) twenties already accommodated to the "system". "Money is power" is the root of the system, and who have the money dictate the laws. I never accommodated myself to this. Utopia? Yes, I know! I can't and don't want to live without dreaming!
Quote:
Ayway, I am done with this thread.
Pity! I could have added some more comments on it...
Quote:
And, I thought you were talking about stuff, ayn el apparent baneri masin es huzvum. Hark chka.
Sorry I don't understand what you mean. I'm not Armenian, you know?
Quote:
Enjoy life, it is surely wonderful!
R
I'll try keeping my dreams alive!

Take care!
Old 19.07.2006, 22:55   #14
Младенец

Accommodating to the system and accepting reality as is are two different things. You indicated some phenomenon earlier in the thread, and I tried to logically address it by the reality, it did not speak at all to my "accommodation" or lack thereof

Someone once said, "Life is strange, anything goes"
Let yourself lose, look into the sky, dream, smile, and drift away with the 'smooth' waves of life..

Nman baner...

C'e
Old 27.07.2006, 20:21   #15
Provocative

Quote:
Accommodating to the system and accepting reality as is are two different things.
Hi Rose!

Check this please!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама