Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30.03.2006, 05:32   #1
Easy rider

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Thumbs up CIVILIZATION IV!!!

Civilization 4!

<Shadowed> I remember Civ2, how brilliant it was. Civ3 ****ed though. Is it even ****ier than that?, I asked my french IRC friend who told me he just bought Civ4.
<Fruny> Well good thing you mentioned Civ2, coz Civ4 is like (Civ2++)++!, followed the answer. Dude!!

To all the hardcore Civilization fans out there.
This game is awesome. I think after playing their very own Civilization III for a while Sid Meier and his Firaxis guys thought - this ****s. We need to come up with something better than that. Civ4 gameplay literally has 'Sorry you guys', 'disregard that' and 'take this, bastards' written all over it. They have somehow managed to revive the outstanding atmosphere that the old Civ was creating and made it deeper with fascinating graphics and thorough gameplay design. The AI is not cheating as you increase the skill level, but is simply playing smarter. There are all sorts of political tricks and intrigues in the game. I was playing this one match the other day against Spain and Russia, where the spanish queen was outstandingly nice to me since the beginning. She suggested to declare a war on Russia together and wipe it off the map. Why not, Russia was more powerful than Spain and it was more convenient for me to form an alliance against it. So shortly after the war has started, the queen moved all her military units to my territory (I was between Spain and Russia on the map) and attacked my cities together with Peter the Great. I was _furious_ (well yeah, I lost the match if you wanna know -_-)
Whatever in Civ2 and especially in Civ3 was a hassle is gently converted to fun. It is amazing how much fun you really are having playing this serious game.
There are numerous major advancements in the gameplay. The tech tree is no longer linear and there is more than one way to achieve the same discovery or invention. The separate units can be assembled to form an army. Religion is introduced, in a very advanced manner, and it doubles the game experience. A new concept of a 'cultural influence' exists in the game, and you may actually take over a city or even a whole country by having too much cultural influence over it (isn't that what US is doing today?). You may use your state religion to fight this, or you may send your own religious or cultural leaders to foreign countries to spread your state religion and culture there and neutralize their attempts to overcome your influence.. The concept of the 'great people' used in Civ3 is enlarged and brushed up, the economy model is outstanding, the strategy view, the soundtrack.. The Soundtrack!!

http://corner.dark.am/mp3/civ4.mp3

I'm sure this baby is gonna be a Game Of The Year. And if you miss the good ol' times or just can't find yourself enjoying any modern game, if you like to think beyond 'forward-forward-jump', if you simply enjoy excellent high-quality games, this is the purchase you obviously have to make! And I'm fully responsible for my claim here.

http://www.hra.am/img/Gulyan1.gif

You must spread before giving to Silver again.
Old 30.03.2006, 06:25   #2
Easy rider

Default Re: CIVILIZATION IV!!!

Check out the strategic view in the 2nd screenshot.. Mountains are the defence line. Fun, huh
Also, check out the 4th screenshot City View. Now cities have some percentage of every nationality. Kyoto is 100% Japanese, but I have other cities that are 10% Russian or 4% Spanish or both, especially those cities close to the border, or the ones I have captured during the war. After globalization it's almost impossible to find a 100% mono-national city. You should also beware of separatism, if, say, americans make a much higher percentage of population in a japanese country than japanese people.
Attached Thumbnails
intro.jpg   strategic.jpg   greatprophet.jpg   cityview.jpg  
Old 30.03.2006, 08:21   #3
Магистр

Стоит у меня на компе это цивилизация 4.... комп тормозит от нее, сама тормозит... ни знаю как окму, но мне больше нравится третья версия... простенько и интересно, пускай и без особых наворотов
Old 30.03.2006, 11:18   #4
...overwined...

Downloads: 3

надеюсь ко мне в руки она не подает, иначе начнется новый "игровой запой"...

все еще жду выхода spore от electronic arts...
Old 30.03.2006, 15:24   #5
hex god

Downloads: 1

Мне не понравилась. Переборщили - ее неудобно играть. По мне лучшая версия Цивилизации - вторая, которая еще под Win 3.1 играла.
Old 30.03.2006, 20:36   #6
Кашмарег...

Downloads: 4

Мне тож 2-я понравилась...
Old 30.03.2006, 20:38   #7
скромный VIP

FreeCiv - papa wsex civilizaciy. Da prostit menya WEB, naigralsya ya za ix schet na metaservere.....
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама