Armenian Knowledge Base  

Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > Thematic forums > History and Politics
Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18.02.2005, 19:13   #16
Дошкольник

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

A chto- bog ili kto-to grugoy dolzhen tebe govorit& chto chto-to xorosho a chto-to ploxo? So if some religions assume that killing in the name of religion is justified, then it's ok to kill? It really is coming from the inside, that's why they are called fundamental values that still are relative as everything else is in the universe. And one more thing, were you there when god said that this and this is good and something else is bad? How do you know that somehow somewhere on the way the message didn't get distorted?

Just being difficult again.
Old 18.02.2005, 19:16   #17

Downloads: 1

Quote:
A chto- bog ili kto-to grugoy dolzhen tebe govorit& chto chto-to xorosho a chto-to ploxo? So if some religions assume that killing in the name of religion is justified, then it's ok to kill? It really is coming from the inside,
Respect Shushanika !!!... It must come from the inside
Old 18.02.2005, 19:17   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushanika
A chto- bog ili kto-to grugoy dolzhen tebe govorit& chto chto-to xorosho a chto-to ploxo? So if some religions assume that killing in the name of religion is justified, then it's ok to kill? It really is coming from the inside, that's why they are called fundamental values that still are relative as everything else is in the universe. And one more thing, were you there when god said that this and this is good and something else is bad? How do you know that somehow somewhere on the way the message didn't get distorted?

Just being difficult again.
Jesus is not any other religion.

If you take out the name of god and replace it with morality, the world will come to an end. we are already very close to the end as you see.
Old 18.02.2005, 19:30   #19
Дошкольник

I really won't go into an argument about Jesus and God (although i'm a little confused- you mention the name of Jesus as the name of god? i thought he was the son?). Let me say i will adhere to my right to have my own religious (which might be something other than Christianity, or even maybe my won made?) or non-religious beliefs and ideas. I was merely arguing the point that one does not have to be religious to have strong moral values and ethics, and vice versa- being religious does not necessarily mean having high moral standards. Read the history of catholocism or whatever else, or why not, turn on the news and listen to the next catholic or whatever priest molesting another boy or a girl...
Old 18.02.2005, 19:32   #20
Banned

Quote:
I really won't go into an argument about Jesus and God (although i'm a little confused- you mention the name of Jesus as the name of god? i thought he was the son?). Let me say i will adhere to my right to have my own religious (which might be something other than Christianity, or even maybe my won made?) or non-religious beliefs and ideas. I was merely arguing the point that one does not have to be religious to have strong moral values and ethics, and vice versa- being religious does not necessarily mean having high moral standards. Read the history of catholocism or whatever else, or why not, turn on the news and listen to the next catholic or whatever priest molesting another boy or a girl...
Go to a priest and ask him to explain anything you do not understand.
Old 18.02.2005, 19:34   #21
Дошкольник

I do not think i need someone to explain to me what i should or should not believe in, OR what my moral values should or should not be. THAT COMES FROM WITHIN... and from my parents. They are a far greater authorities for me than some priest who may or may not be a pervert on top of everything.
Old 18.02.2005, 19:36   #22
Banned

Quote:
I do not think i need someone to explain to me what i should or should not believe in, OR what my moral values should or should not be. THAT COMES FROM WITHIN... and from my parents. They are a far greater authorities for me than some priest who may or may not be a pervert on top of everything.
If you know everything, then I do not see why I should waste my time on you. Adios. Join the pagans.
Old 18.02.2005, 19:39   #23
Дошкольник

I would really truly like to apologize for your wasted time on me. Not that i asked for it, but still.
Old 18.02.2005, 19:39   #24
ЙЦУКЕН

Location: 0x68,0x69,0x72, 0x69,0x6e,0x67, 0x20,0x6e,0x6f, 0x77

люди, конечно странный призыв, но тем не менее.
почаще бывайте на похоронах ..... всякая дуь о _фундаментальных ценностях_ резко рассосется. если вы конечно готовы, можете и хотите принимать переживания окружющих людей.
Old 18.02.2005, 19:41   #25

Downloads: 1

there are mafiosis who everyday go to the priests
there are priests who everyday go to the prostitutes
and there are prostitutes that didn't make harm to anybody
Old 18.02.2005, 19:45   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono
there are mafiosis who everyday go to the priests
there are priests who everyday go to the prostitutes
and there are prostitutes that didn't make harm to anybody

there are also mafiosis that never go to church and there are priests than never go to prostitutes... + there are people that do not even know that they are mistaken.

you can substitute the word "mistaken" with ANY other word.
Old 18.02.2005, 19:51   #27
Banned

Quote:
To Joshua

Is there such a thing as Truth? Let alone love to the truth?
Sorry, I know... too banal a question, but at the same time, sam znayesh
Certainly there is. The truth has many sides. The sides are different and colorful.
Old 18.02.2005, 19:55   #28
Дошкольник

Or maybe... even if there is one truth, there are different mirrors where this truth is reflected? I still tend to go with everything being relative and that there are no absolutes... other than the earth goes round the sun.
Old 18.02.2005, 20:20   #29
Banned

Quote:
Or maybe... even if there is one truth, there are different mirrors where this truth is reflected? I still tend to go with everything being relative and that there are no absolutes... other than the earth goes round the sun.
I think that the statement "the truth is one" is quite wrong and contains no sense and/or productive reason; it is a blunt sophism in my opinion. The truth just has many sides. That is much better approach providing preconditions for flexible reasoning aimed at active study of the world.
Old 18.02.2005, 20:28   #30
Պիոներ պալատի Սիրուշ

выбор и свободная воля.
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама