Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > Thematic forums > History and Politics
Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03.04.2003, 19:07   #1
Младенец

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Pictures of Victims (+16)

Please note that some of these pictures are not suitable for small children and those who have weak hearts.

http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm
Old 03.04.2003, 20:21   #2
Banned

[moderated by acid: please read again the note in the name of this section.]

Last edited by acid; 03.04.2003 at 20:38.
Old 03.04.2003, 21:12   #3

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 34

KnownX, thanks for the link. The pictures are really disturbing and I can't believe all it's happening now. I've selected about 30 of pictures for freenet users and placed them on my server.

Please do not enter link below if you don't take pictures of death.

http://forum.armkb.com/showthread.ph...9846#post59846
Old 03.04.2003, 21:47   #4
Banned

acid

i read it twice, but i still dont understand what you mean by that (why you edited my post). please explain me in pv.

thank you in advance.
Old 03.04.2003, 21:49   #5
Banned

if you mean "english only" i apologise....

here:

People USUALLY die when there is a war.

war sux.
Old 04.04.2003, 00:16   #6
Мия-У

Were the pics taken by the U.S. reporters? I wonder if that Bush guy has seen any of them.
Old 04.04.2003, 06:16   #7

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 34

I believe pictures were taken by arab television reporters, such as AlJazeira.
Old 05.04.2003, 00:48   #8
Provocative

Downloads: 9
Question

Speaking about victims...

1.- On the 3rd if this month I've heard Mr Rumsfeld saying something about Mr Saddam Hussein being the responsible for the death of millions of muslims. He even suggested that he was the biggest killer of muslims in history.
Not with the same words but in the same sense, about a week ago I had received a mail from an american friend who tried to explain to me the goodness of this particular war.

2.- Yesterday evening (the 4th March) I've seen in a Portuguese Channel their Correspondent in Amman, Jordan, reporting a big demonstration of Muslims, and they were supporting Saddam Hussein.

3.- As to the statements from the americans, I'm very sceptic, as I know, at least partially, how their propaganda works, so I don't believe them.
On the other hand, I've no sympathy at all regarding people like the Iraqi leader. But that demonstration shuffled me, and suggested a question.

4.- Can anyone out there (no americans nor muslims, please, because you're perhaps too involved, and may be intoxicated by the b....y war propaganda) explain to me how is it possible that a believer in a certain religion can support a guy who is responsible for the death of millions of their brothers? Or are you shuffled like me?

Cheers!
Shalon!
Salam!
Peace, brothers
De ton corps doux et chaud,
J'ai envie d'être aimé Domino

From a beautiful love song of the 50s called Domino, music by Louis Ferrari, lyrics by Jacques Plante
Old 05.04.2003, 17:07   #9
Мия-У

Yeah, but the problem is that Iraqis don't take Saddam as a killer of their brothers, but consider him 'father and protector of the nation'. Killing people may always be interpreted as freeing and protecting the nation from criminals and sinners and stuff like that.

Once I've watched a story (long before the war broke out) about a guy who was thrown to jail as well as his father and brothers because he happened to brake Saddam's portrait in the street.
Old 05.04.2003, 23:48   #10
Provocative

Hi Мия!

Sorry friend, but with all my respect for you, your reply could be given by any USA citizen! And me too, in my country, I'm fool up of propaganda originated in USA leadership, and have already heard that explanation thousands of times.
Besides, the demonstration was not held by Iraqis in Iraq but by Jordanians in Jordan. And they almost didn't speak about Iraq but about Mr Saddam Hussein.

There should be some other explanation. And my problem is that I don't believe the USA propaganda, I don't believe Mr Saddam Hussein has his hands clean. And the Muslim faith can't be a true explanation, due to the fact that when religions are concerned, Iraq have an open regimen. Don't forget that the Vice-Prime Minister is said to be a Catholic... which is a problem for the ortodox muslims...

Anyway, I'll be waiting for some lights!

Cheers!
Salam!
Shalon!
Na Zdravi!

Peace to all!
Old 06.04.2003, 00:45   #11
Мия-У

Red Stone> But your point is not quite clear, sorry. Do you want to say that all the muslims accept that Saddam is the enemy of their people, killer of their brothers but they worship him nevertheless?? Doesn't it sound absurd? Don't you remember that Iraqis voted for him during the recent 'elections' resulting 99%? It all shows that they are so brainwashed they will agree eagerly with whatever comes to Saddam's mind. Ask an Iraqi what he thinks about Saddam he'll become ecstatic. It's a cult of the individual almost as it used to be in the USSR. But the Americans are brainwashed even more.
Old 06.04.2003, 01:38   #12
Provocative

Hi Мия!

Quote:
Do you want to say that all the muslims accept that Saddam is the enemy of their people, killer of their brothers but they worship him nevertheless??
I've never said that. What I said is that the demonstration was not in Iraq by Iraqis but in Jordan by Jordanians.

Though things of this kind could happen. I just remember what happened in Argentina when their President was Vileda, a ferocious dictator (by the way supported more or less under the curtain by the USA leadership), decided re-taking Malvinas Islands (Falkland as the British call them). At the time, there was in Argentina an active guerrilla (more or less connected with what we use to call the extreme left) fighting against the power instituted. But when he took that decision, and up to the end of the adventure they forgot the differences and supported Vileda. The guerrilla re-started afterwards.
And in Argentina there wasn't a religion's flag to fight for...

Returning to Iraq, and missing a deeper knowledge of facts, and muslim culture and standards, I stand in a position that can be defined like this:
Mr Saddam Hussein is not a good fellow like his entourage want us to believe. On the other hand, may be he's guilty of 10% of the facts that USA administration is willing to sell to the world as being his acts.

Cheers!
Salam!
Shalon!
Na Zdravi!

Peace to all!
Old 07.04.2003, 02:30   #13
Младенец

To: Red Stone,

If taken from the angle that you presented, the whole situation seems absurd indeed. How could Muslims support a dictator who was poisoning Shia Moslims in 1992 with zarin and VX? By the way, secular ruler Saddam "Muslimized" quite very rapidly during the last week - we have seen such words as jihad and holy war etc. in his lexicon for the first time..

In my view, however, people opposing the war are not pro-Saddam. They are anti-American. Yes, America is the sole super-power in the world, but power can last long and not be abusive only if it "plays by the rules". U.S. found out that they don't need any rules to do whatever they please to - and they seem to be very convinced that their way is the right one. Quite obviously, the rest of the world (even those who, like Jordanians, don't shy away from taking U.S. money) is not quite comfortable with such a "new world dis-order".

Saddam's only sin was that Iraq was the easiest enemy to conquer at that point of time. Who's next? Syria, IMHO...
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама