Register

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29.07.2002, 06:30   #1
the happiest girl

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Post the spirit of perverseness

Quote:
Who has not, a hundred times, found himself committing a vile or a silly action, for no other reason than because he knows he should not? Have we not a perpetual inclination, in the teeth of our best judgment, to violate that which is Law, merely because we understand it to be such?
The Black Cat
Edgar Allan Poe
Old 29.07.2002, 07:13   #2
Школьник

Downloads: 0
Gosh, the story of my life)
Old 29.07.2002, 13:18   #3
Level 7 Paladin

Smile

The full Opposite to me... I always consider all of my actions alligning them with law, logics, rationalizm... Well, that's what my character allignment tells - Lawful good... I don't understand and don't like irrational people, who violate law not for something but just for violating it... They say "laws are created to break them" - I never agree, Laws are created to know why could you be punished. That's my position and I always maintain it... Of course under some sircumstances I could consider something more important then the law and violate it. But I would do that only if in that case it would be worse if I would not violate the law then if I violate it. But I'm once and forever rationalist and I do everything only if I consider it right... Everything must be right, and those who don't thing so must be careful not to find themselves suffering because of themselves... I am a rationalist to be sure that I don't suffer because of myself... But still we all suffer...
Old 29.07.2002, 16:29   #4
Школьник

Jaguar, being "irrational" is not exactly what the passage was all about.
Sponsored Links

На правах рекламы:
реклама