Armenian Knowledge Base  

Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > Technical sections > Software
Register

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06.10.2005, 22:12   #1
Moderator
 
acid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Location: South Korea, Gumi
Posts: 7,699
Downloads: 102
Uploads: 34
Blog Entries: 16
Reputation: 561 | 6
Default Ever had such an annoying message given by Windows?

  • Ever had such an annoying message given by Windows?


It has many other flavors:

Cannot delete file: Access is denied
There has been a sharing violation.
The source or destination file may be in use.
The file is in use by another program or user.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
  • Unlocker is the solution!

1. Simply right click the folder or file and select Unlocker


2. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of lockers will appear


ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
Reply With Quote
Old 06.10.2005, 23:07   #2
Provocative
 
Red Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Ilha dos Amores
Posts: 1,491
Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Reputation: 157 | 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid
  • Ever had such an annoying message given by Windows?


It has many other flavors:

Cannot delete file: Access is denied
There has been a sharing violation.
The source or destination file may be in use.
The file is in use by another program or user.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
  • Unlocker is the solution!

1. Simply right click the folder or file and select Unlocker


2. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of lockers will appear


ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
Fantastic, Acid!

It can even delete a file that isn't locked, but you receive a message like: "Cannot delete file. Couldn't read from file/folder"

You made my day!
Reply With Quote
Old 06.10.2005, 23:26   #3
Шестой Лесничий
 
Varg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Театр Теней
Age: 36
Posts: 2,657
Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Reputation: 65 | 3
Default

Yeah, you can actually free a huge chunk of disk space by removing 2 folders - "Windows" & "Program Files"
Reply With Quote
Old 06.10.2005, 23:35   #4
Moderator
 
acid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Location: South Korea, Gumi
Posts: 7,699
Downloads: 102
Uploads: 34
Blog Entries: 16
Reputation: 561 | 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stone
Fantastic, Acid!

It can even delete a file that isn't locked, but you receive a message like: "Cannot delete file. Couldn't read from file/folder"

You made my day!
At least you receive it from windows, not from the program
Reply With Quote
Old 07.10.2005, 14:38   #5
панаехавший
 
Obelix's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: форпост
Age: 30
Posts: 4,007
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Reputation: 0 | 0
Default

My windows is tamed
Reply With Quote
Old 07.10.2005, 19:11   #6
Provocative
 
Red Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Ilha dos Amores
Posts: 1,491
Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Reputation: 157 | 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid
At least you receive it from windows, not from the program
Just to clarify:

Thers was a file I wasn't able to delete for a couple of months that always gave the reason "Cannot read from disk", which is something not mentionned by the makers of Unlock.

What happened was that when I pushed "Unlock" the soft gave me the message that file was not locked... but... suggested three or four actions to take, one of them being "Delete". So I chose "Delete" and got rid of the said file!

Cheers!
__________________
Red Stone
J'ai besoin de toi,
De tes mains sur moi,
De ton corps doux et chaud,
J'ai envie d'être aimé Domino

From a beautiful love song of the 50s called Domino, music by Louis Ferrari, lyrics by Jacques Plante
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools


На правах рекламы:
реклама

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.