the happiest girl
Join Date: 02 2002
Uploads: 0Reputation: 63 | 4
Site Coordinator - World Vision Armenia
Job Opening at World Vision Armenia
World Vision came to Armenia fifteen years ago providing emergency aid to the victims of December 1988 devastating earthquake. During the next fifteen years WV’s projects have gone beyond meeting the demands of crisis situations to changing the quality of life in entire communities and helping Armenians to restore their country. Major programs now include Health, Child protection, Micro enterprise and community development.
The following full time position starting as soon as possible is based at World Vision Armenia’s Gegharkunik Area Development Program (ADP) Office in Vardenis.
Purpose of Position
To coordinate all ADP Community Development activities in the site to insure project objectives are met. Network with community groups and project partners to insure civil participation and development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with ADP Manager to insure the smooth implementation and achievement and of the project’s objectives.
· Network with village communities and urban special interest groups to identify and mobilize potential local partners.
· Develop and maintain vital relationships with the project’s stakeholders.
· Work with community partners to design and conduct community needs assessment. Lead report preparation.
· Work closely with Monitors to identify training and development needs in the community. Plan and facilitate training activities for community leaders and volunteers.
· Facilitate and monitor community meetings, strategic planning sessions and other initiatives.
· Work with community partners and local NGOs to design reporting documents.
· Produce Community strategic plans and monthly progress reports about ADP activities.
· Prepare monthly Action Plans of ADP activities
· Consolidate ADP staff prepared monthly Cash requisition forms and present to ADP Manager.
Required Qualifications Skills and Competencies
The following skills and Competencies are required:
· Required experience in community development programs.
· Knowledge of historical, cultural, political and socioeconomic specifics of the region.
· Prior experience in coordination and team leadership.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must be self-motivated, innovative, able to work under pressure and independently when required.
· Strong time-management skills.
· Able and willing to work long hours and travel frequently.
· Driving skills are preferred.
· Computer knowledge of MS office is a must.
· English language skills are preferred.
We expect the successful applicant to show honesty and commitment to World Vision Christian principles.
To be considered, please e-mail a detailed letter of intent with CV to WV Armenia HR Department’ e-mail address ruzan nalbandyan[at]wvi.org or deliver it to the following address: World Vision Armenia, 1 Romanos Melikyan, Yerevan, Armenia, before 18th February, 2005
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone, and
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.
So much good, so much evil. Just add water. (c)