the happiest girl
Join Date: 02 2002
Uploads: 0Reputation: 63 | 4
AIPRG Conference: “Wider Black Sea”
The international conference entitled “Wider Black Sea: Perspectives for International and Regional Security” is organized by Armenian International Policy Research Group (AIPRG) and scheduled to take place on January 12-13, 2008 in Yerevan, Armenia.
The event is co-sponsored by the OSCE, NATO and Yerevan State University Graduate Union. The conference aims at enhancing the debate on the concept of the Wider Black Sea, involving international and regional academic and political circles: bringing together differing evaluations and views on the Wider Black Sea to pave a way for discussing security perspectives in the light of a possible political-military strategy; as well as discussing the compatibility of Armenia’s Foreign policy and security strategy with the concept of the Wider Black Sea region and the NATO strategy.
The guest speaker of the Conference is Matthew Bryza,
Deputy Assistant Secretary of State, USA.
Paper submissions are expected in the following areas:
1. The notion of the Wider Black Sea: security, political and economic heritage
- The concept of the Wider Black Sea
- Security, political and economic components
2. Institutional and global challenges for the Wider Black Sea region
- The Wider Black Sea as a station on the way to EU and NATO
- A shared strategy towards the Wider Black Sea
3. The possible institutional role of the Wider Black Sea in conflict resolution process (Nagorno-Karabakh, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Transnistria)
4. Perspectives of different regional organizations and initiatives in the light of the Wider Black Sea
- Wider Black Sea: an alternative or supplementary framework to different regional organizations and initiatives
- Correlation between the notions of Wider Black Sea and post-Soviet space
5. Viewing the Wider Black Sea from Armenia
Applicants should sent Abstracts or Papers with their contact information and institutional affiliation to [email protected]. The application deadline is November 30, 2007. The selection committee will notify all applicants by December 10, 2007.
Feel free to distribute the CFP to as wide of an audience as possible and please check our website: http://www.aiprg.net (Conferences & Seminars) for conference-related updates, a detailed program listing, and registration information. If you have any questions please feel free to contact [email protected]
So much good, so much evil. Just add water. (c)
|На правах рекламы:|