Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > General Discussions > English Only

View Poll Results: Which one would top besides English
Japanese 2 7.14%
Korean 0 0%
French 7 25.00%
German 7 25.00%
Spanish 5 17.86%
Portuguese 0 0%
Chinese 5 17.86%
other 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 26.08.2005, 01:08   #31
мята и алкоголь
 
Mojito's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: you tell me
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
Default

Red Stone, I beg to differ but it's a pointless exchange of words now - everybody has their "humble" opinions which are not going to change.

Why do you assume there are no nuances to what is perceived as melody or what can qualify being melodious? Everything is white or black? I am not talking abstract, I am talking how I and others directly respond to a pattern of speech. "Neo" means new and different and that's what I meant with my word.

As to Spanish - you seem shocked. Many people I talked to about languages claimed that they wanted to learn Spanish because it's so beautiful and pleasing/flowing when someone speaks it fluently.

Anyway, don't be so categorical - those exclamation points in your last post do hint that you're getting angrier with the fact some people perceive/hear language differently than you
__________________
"You could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt..." (c)

Old 26.08.2005, 01:28   #32
Provocative
 
Red Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Ilha dos Amores
Posts: 1,491
Rep Power: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojito
Red Stone, I beg to differ but it's a pointless exchange of words now - everybody has their "humble" opinions which are not going to change.

Why do you assume there are no nuances to what is perceived as melody or what can qualify being melodious? Everything is white or black? I am not talking abstract, I am talking how I and others directly respond to a pattern of speech. "Neo" means new and different and that's what I meant with my word.

As to Spanish - you seem shocked. Many people I talked to about languages claimed that they wanted to learn Spanish because it's so beautiful and pleasing/flowing when someone speaks it fluently.

Anyway, don't be so categorical - those exclamation points in your last post do hint that you're getting angrier with the fact some people perceive/hear language differently than you
Keep cool, Mojito! I'm not angry! I don't get angry just because people don't think like me! You have your opinion about the use of the adjectif melodious, which I respect while disagreeing completely, I have mine! Note that now as before the exclamation points are just for emphasizing.

I use to say something like "If everybody had the same opinions, poor yellow" (I don't like yellow).

I've said before that I didn't want to start a polemic and as a proof I will not revert to the melody in this thread.

Cheers!
__________________
Red Stone
J'ai besoin de toi,
De tes mains sur moi,
De ton corps doux et chaud,
J'ai envie d'être aimé Domino

From a beautiful love song of the 50s called Domino, music by Louis Ferrari, lyrics by Jacques Plante

Old 02.09.2005, 18:14   #33
Banned
 
u60311's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Estado de São Paulo
Age: 19
Posts: 217
Rep Power: 0
Default

why don't you guys move all of those discussions into By the Fire ...

Old 02.09.2005, 19:27   #34
Provocative
 
Red Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Ilha dos Amores
Posts: 1,491
Rep Power: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u60311
why don't you guys move all of those discussions into By the Fire ...
Impossible, U!
First because discussion finished.
Second because Mojito is not a guy...

Re: Quick Poll: Learning A New Language for the Job
Old 09.01.2010, 06:18   #35
Младенец
 
Join Date: 10 2009
Location: usa
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Default Re: Quick Poll: Learning A New Language for the Job

I don't know exactly but it's always a plus if you can speak a european language. You may be able to work in multintional/international or french companies in world.

Old 17.02.2013, 05:09   #36
Младенец
 
Join Date: 02 2013
Location: united states
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
Default

I would love to learn French.

Old 31.07.2017, 11:48   #37
Дошкольник
 
Join Date: 07 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74
Rep Power: 0
Default

I would like to learn French.

Old 31.07.2017, 12:11   #38
Ego coder
 
AvDav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Age: 45
Posts: 3,738
Rep Power: 5
Default

I'd like to learn as much as possible.

Old 29.06.2021, 09:19   #39
Ego coder
 
AvDav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Age: 45
Posts: 3,738
Rep Power: 5
Default

Real stupidity always beats artificial intelligence.

Old 27.12.2023, 11:55   #40
Младенец
 
Join Date: 12 2023
Location: Erecoce
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
Default

What's your perspective on learning new languages for career opportunities, and have you ever faced challenges or benefits related to language proficiency in your professional life?
Reply

Thread Tools



Реклама:
реклама
Buy text link .

All times are GMT. The time now is 17:06.
Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.