Old 16.10.2008, 15:27   #16
the mochinger

having a heart for the nation and an abstract heart for the nation are two different things you know?

what i mean, well, having a heart for the nation is good but ranting is not constructive - he adds zero value for the nation.
idk, i never read his books, may be he puts a lot of efforts into them, like doing some good research or sth, in which case I would value the books a lot, but if all he does is sitting down on his buttock and writing his mind, then excuse me...

that's why i was asking who he is and what is he doing...

Old 16.10.2008, 17:24   #17
Академик

Ah guys why do you sit here and discuss him ?

Do you think he wants something to be changed? Do you think he needs some bad to be turned to good?

No way. This is his "everyday meal". We are his "everyday meal". Not in a straight meaning. I do not think he can sell books enough to live. But this is his life sense. This is the reason and goal of his life. Writing on bad is the meaning of his life.

Write crap on Armenians. That is it. Well I do not say that this is wrong or bad. Everybody looks at the same thing but sees it in his own way. And he has the right of thinking of us as a crap. That is his right. By the way I think reading does not make people enlighten and there were thousands of historical figures who red too much but still they left a black scar on the history of humanity. Reading makes sense only when there is no medical condition. So when the medical condition exists the reading can't help, writing either. Any psychiatrist (not a psychologist) could tell you the simple facts about this.

Anyways the main issue I would like to note is that he never responds to most of questions, remarks, notes addressed to him.

With the best scenario he will respond in a couple of words which will never be assumed as an answer to your questions or remarks. Well maybe he assumes that is enough. That is his right too.

And in all other cases he will probably just enrich his information database about "crap" Armenians and will write later on
"Once an Armenian told me ...". And the source will be you,me, your question, your remark, my question, my remark.

Sort of a provocative nature. Remember Panjouni?

"If you open the door of the church we will crack the window and enter through it anyways"

For Panjouni it was matter of being opposite. Opposite of what ? That does not matter.

I would not say those words if I saw him responding to thousands of questions and remarks he got. But I red couple of forums where he used to post or posts at this moment and saw his attitude towards people who noticed him. And I saw ignorance. See I used word NOTICE. One writes in forums to be red. People red him, rise questions, remarks, in other words people notice him and he ignores this people.

What is this if not ignorance? He ignores people who asks or comments him. Ignores publicly and later on probably writes on them. Or maybe later on ignores them.

I know other writers too and all of them were active publically and never ignored people who responded to their writings. Even ones who wirte on animals. THey responded to people too. Ara was the first one whom I saw ignoring. Some while ago I was thinking it was before people used to insult him. But afterwards I saw that not all people insult them. And last times I see that people do not insult him at this forum, people just ask questions and make remarks but he keeps the same silence towards people. As if they do not exist. As if he writes on animals and animals in the 4th dimension.

Isn't it strange? Look above, right at the begining where I ask you guys "Do you think he wants some thing to be changed ?" Do you think person who ignores people who do not ignore him wants some good for that people?

Look I am asking you. Think of yourself. Do you think you care about things you do not notice ? It's absurd. How can it happen. So the came out of this that he does not care and he ignores us. So why shouldn't we ?

I would suggest you guys ignore him. It's not a one time action that I ask. And it is not a immidiate action that I think can happen right away. You see I write here and I address this not to him but you: people who post a comment on his writtings, who write him, who notice him. And I think this is a goal that can be reached. Just think of ideas that I gave, maybe you will agree with me.

http://moskull.livejournal.com/

Old 16.10.2008, 19:06   #18
Joie De Vivre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Andersen View Post
please.... he doesn't even live in Armenia
Those are not mutually exclusive things: One needs not to live in one's motherland [homecountry] to have a heart for one's people.

(I don't live in Armenia either )

Երեխա-jan, I agree with you in that arabalozian here, in this forum, does not answer the questions. May be this is an ignorance. May be just a simple inability to hold a dialog, may be a selfish desire to see himself as a good orator that speaks to "masses" - us, simple mortals, who have "no capacity" to understand him... Who knows?
I doubt that he reads our comments, or even looks at the threads other than those created by him.

But, I don't agree that ignoring him would solve the problems he invites our attention to. Yes, he has controversial ideas and thoughts. Yes, sometimes they make me think that he is just another nihilist who does not care about what he is opposed to, as long as there is something out there to be opposed too

I cannot say that I agree with everything he says and states, but certain thoughts of his are interesting and inviting.

Not that long ago I read his essay, where he draws parallels between William Saroian and Basil I the Macedonian and their offsprings. Frankly, I enjoyed it. But, what was one of the interesting moments to me, was his presentation of the post-mortum reflections on their parents by Aram Saroian and Leo VI the Wise. My perception was that he condems the way Aram contributed greatly to the distortion of the image of his father, and admires the supporting role of Leo VI. To me, he himself acts more like Aram - prohibiting himself to see the good things in Armenians and exaggerating with magnifying lenses whatever dark sides we have.

And, the last thing, nothing personal though, but if I am not mistaken, you yourself are not quite happy with certain things that happen in out homeland and certain characteristics that are considered to be Armenian. And you express yourself, don't you? So, why not allow the same freedom to others? I think we have to learn how to TALK and, if not LISTEN, then at least HEAR each other. Who knows what might happen then.

Old 16.10.2008, 20:22   #19
Академик

Երեխա-jan, I agree with you in that arabalozian here, in this forum, does not answer the questions. May be this is an ignorance. May be just a simple inability to hold a dialog, may be a selfish desire to see himself as a good orator that speaks to "masses" - us, simple mortals, who have "no capacity" to understand him... Who knows?
I doubt that he reads our comments, or even looks at the threads other than those created by him.

Got your point. Let's see each case.

Inability to hold a dialogue. We call unable people who try but do not succeed. Did anybody noticed tries of the man ? To succeed or fail you have to try first so this is not a case.

Selfish desire to see himself as a good orator that speaks to masses -
Old quote by Gandiji "Be the change you want to see". Where is the logic that someone who preaches his selfishness tells others about their selfishness? Tell me where the logic of this? Remember the man always writes about him as a cured one and about all other Armenians as brainwashed, ottomanized, stalinized ones. No exceptions. Who knows? maybe he dines everyday with exceptions. But not in writings. In writings there are two sides. One is the man and the other is all other Armenians. Sounds nice for a selfish person. Isn't it ?

No capacity to understand him? Yeah well the an th man that stands above all us, at least couple of levels above writes on us. Great. It's a good sightseeing from above I guess.

What else ? I think there will be more cases if we think more. But none of them will stand a fight with the simple logic. Ignorant cannot write on ignored. That is why I am asking people to ignore the man and stop writing on.

But, I don't agree that ignoring him would solve the problems he invites our attention to. Yes, he has controversial ideas and thoughts. Yes, sometimes they make me think that he is just another nihilist who does not care about what he is opposed to, as long as there is something out there to be opposed too

I cannot say that I agree with everything he says and states, but certain thoughts of his are interesting and inviting.

Not that long ago I read his essay, where he draws parallels between William Saroian and Basil I the Macedonian and their offsprings. Frankly, I enjoyed it. But, what was one of the interesting moments to me, was his presentation of the post-mortum reflections on their parents by Aram Saroian and Leo VI the Wise. My perception was that he condems the way Aram contributed greatly to the distortion of the image of his father, and admires the supporting role of Leo VI. To me, he himself acts more like Aram - prohibiting himself to see the good things in Armenians and exaggerating with magnifying lenses whatever dark sides we have.

C'mon, Ah again about Aram Saroyan. Do you really think being William Saroyan a bit good person than he was Aram should have not written those things about his father? Do you really think that when for instance mother of Britney Spears says she's going to write a book on her daughter is because she is that bad? C'mon it's all about money, about fame, about just jumping on the scene and other "western" stuff. You know this. You should notice this. Fashion. Show business. Just a different world. Different from billions of usual people who wake up at 6, go to work, do it, come back home and spend time with parents. Look around. Some man wants to write about show business. Go ahead. It is OK. But I do not think the Aram's reasoning came from a William being a bad man and father. Do you think no father was worse than William ? Wold is full of those. Hence nobody writes on them. Since there is no way to sell the book and make a living on it. I do not say it is immoral or bad. No no. Again I do not judge anybody, William Aram or Ara. What I say is that this was a standard Hollywood issue which Ara tried to track differently. Well maybe again to make a living. Who knows. If yes than bon apetite him.

And, the last thing, nothing personal though, but if I am not mistaken, you yourself are not quite happy with certain things that happen in out homeland and certain characteristics that are considered to be Armenian. And you express yourself, don't you? So, why not allow the same freedom to others? I think we have to learn how to TALK and, if not LISTEN, then at least HEAR each other. Who knows what might happen then.

Yes you are right. But I talk, I answer and I listen to what other say. And I answer. And where is that I said I do not allow Ara to express himself? is calling for some support in NOT RESPONDING TO HIS WRITINGS a will to stop his writing? I do not wish him to stop writing. I can't even say Let him write. it's up to everybody what he does.

But can I call people who agree with me just not to respond him? That is all I ask. Ignore a writer that ignores you in fact. I do not think that this can be tracked as a violence toward freedom of speech. Do I force somebody to do something? I express my feelings. Well if he does I can do it too. I do not call anybody dupe, brainwashed ottomannized and stalinized as he does and on the other hand complains about people who insult him.

Great practice. Isn't it? First you go somewhere where you see a crowd of people. You go stand in the middle of the crowd and say with the big smile "Hello jackasses" and nothing more. People around insult you, some try to defend you, some try to save you, some try to ask you questions, but no word. Silence from your side. You come back to home and after you write 3 books on how people cannot stand freedom of speech and insult you when you say something on them.

Again it is a great practice and good way of prooving that you care about every single man in that crowd.

See I do not even insult him. He calls me as an Armenian like that. I accept it. Good. But can I call for an action ? Again this is not a force. People saw and read his writings. I cannot alter them. They can read what he says and what I say. All I say is "please guys never respond to what he writes". That is it.

And finally.

Anouk there are some other controversal writers. I would like to mention Vahe Avetian. If I am not mistaken Ara and Vahe have some relations. Maybe, I am not sure. But there is a interesting fact.

Vahe answers and discusses his writings. You can often see him in discussion forums involved in some heavy discussions where almost everybody insults him. And this makes reason for me not to call for such an action against Vahe Avetian. At least there are facts that prove that Vahe cares what he writes on. Maybe he does not care too. I do not know. But his attitude toward his readers makes me at least believe. This guy is not leaving a single reason to believe. and so I call for an action against careless writings on us.

Old 16.10.2008, 22:53   #20
Студент

Wow Yerekha you are very angry .

Old 17.10.2008, 02:21   #21
Joie De Vivre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Երեխա View Post
Got your point.
Regret to say this, but NO, you did not get my point.

I could not care less about the author (arabaliozian or whoever he is) or his personality. Just the same way, I don't care about who were in their lives Pushkin, Shakespeare, Vysotskii, Byron, etc. I don't need to know whether they had any personal human weaknesses or strengths to be interested in their works.

What attracts me is the ability of these authors or anyone else to provide me with some thoughts and ideas that are interesting to me.

As for Ara Baliozian, I am curious about his ideas and thoughts, because they are of this curiosity generating, provoking nature. Some of them (btw, related not only to Armenians, but to human nature overall) resonate strongly with my own thinking, others cause antipathy and even enmity, third ones leave neutral, etc.

To cut the long story short, I do not expect him to reply to me or to get involved in a discussion or a dialog. Although, I have to admit, that would be interesting. Needless to say, I don't think that this would happen, simply because this person seem to have no interest in a dialog. He simply spreads his thoughts: if people reflect on them, that is Ok, if not - that is Ok too.

So, my point was, and is, his thoughts, at least some of them, are interesting and provoking. One thing is for sure, some of those thoughts really shoot the target and highlight the problems we have. Why not then talk about them? Or even think about them?

I do not invite for a discussion anyone here. If somebody wants to discuss and talk, and share his/her opinion - perfect. Then I think the mission is accomplished.

> C'mon, Ah again about Aram Saroyan. Do you really think being William Saroyan a bit good person than he was Aram should have not written those ause she is that bad?

Again, you missed the boat. I did not bring this example to condemn Aram. I don't care about Aram, because I like the works of William and I don't correlate William the person to William the writer. There is no need for that!

The only reason I brought this example is to show that Ara himself suffers from the same weakness that seems to be very common to our people - self-rejection, self-destruction.

>C'mon it's all about money, about fame, about just jumping on the scene and other "western" stuff. You know this. You should notice this. Fashion. Show business. Just a different world.

Hate to say this, but here, with this kind of reasoning you remind me very much one person. Should I remind you who? That's right, the man you call to ignore.

And you know what, I have a hard time agreeing with you. 72-year old man who lives in a country like Canada can afford a nice lifestyle without running after money. Why can't you admit, that there are some people out there that are not profit/money-driven human beings.

>But can I call people who agree with me just not to respond him? That is all I ask. Ignore a writer that ignores you in fact.

Great! So, let everyone decide for themselves. As for me, again, I am not interested in the writer you call to ignore, but I am interested in his ideas. And if I find it appealing to talk about them, I will.

>All I say is "please guys never respond to what he writes". That is it.

oh, and btw, he does not really ask any questions here. even when there is a question mark at the end of his sentences, they are more like rhetorical questions, to everyone and noone. He does not look for anyone's answers. Thus, ignoring him won't give you anything

Final point, I don't what to create an impression, that I am an advocate of arabaliozian. I am not! Simply because I don't like and do not agree with the majority of his statements. But I enjoy the controversy of them and am thankful for providing me with a good source of ideas I can reflect on.

Old 17.10.2008, 13:19   #22
Академик

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevana View Post
Wow Yerekha you are very angry .

Am I ? Why is that nobody around me does not notice this ? If you say

"let's do not eat McDonnalds since it's a source of fat, obesty etc."

is it tracked as madness ? I thought it is always tracked as your right to have an opinion and express it.

Old 17.10.2008, 13:31   #23
Академик

Anouk we got each other. I called for an action. You said let anyone decide for themselves. I let and since simply it's everyones right to make their own ways I will be just pleased as more people join the action. You chose not to join. Nice. That's your way and I respect that. The point is never mess my attitude (like Sevana did) with madness or angriness. It is just a point o view which has a right to live as others and I just wanted to see more supporers of the idea.

Well a writer writes books and tries to do somethings. I do the same. I explain my point of view and call anybody who agrees with it to join the actio. And whoever choses not to join or critisize the action that's their right too. We welcome them

Peace to all of us

Old 17.10.2008, 13:36   #24
ложки нет

Երեխա, + 1

Old 17.10.2008, 21:49   #25
Joie De Vivre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Երեխա View Post
Anouk we got each other. I called for an action. You said let anyone decide for themselves. I let and since simply it's everyones right to make their own ways I will be just pleased as more people join the action. Peace to all of us
That's right! Agreed

Old 18.10.2008, 16:59   #26
Бакалавр

Thursday, October 16, 2008
BELLS RINGING
Albert Camus in the latest volume of his NOTEBOOKS: “Our literary society whose principle is second-rate spite, where offense takes the place of critical method.”
After reading Dostoevsky's CRIME AND PUNISHMENT: “I seriously consider the possibility of giving up.”
As a diarist Camus is disappointing. Unlike Gide and Jules Renard he makes no effort to be accessible. One entry simply reads: “The truth. The truth!” And another: “Thoughts of death.”
He quotes a French historian saying: “The Russians rotted before they were ripe.” And we were ripe 1500 years ago.
“Buddhism is atheism that became religion.”
I am reminded of Gandhi's observation that even atheists are believers because they believe the non-existence of God to be the Truth, and God is Truth.
NOTES & COMMENTS
We converted to Christianity as readily and passively as we converted to atheism under the Soviets.
Historians study the past in the same way that psychologists study the unconscious. History as mankind's unconscious drives made visible. We are prisoners of our past as surely as a man is a prisoner of his unconscious drives.
As in all fascist regimes, we have replaced intellectuals with propagandists. Hence the popularity of our Turcocentric ghazetajis.
After we have seen and experienced what hatred does to people, we live as though hatred were the only answer.
When they can't stand the heat, they drive you out of the kitchen.
#
Friday, October 17, 2008
FEAR
To the faceless cowards who insult me anonymously and from a safe distance I say: One does not have to be a prophet to predict that your big mouth will be your undoing. And if you say, What about your big mouth? I will inform you that my undoing, if it comes, will have two sources, (one) being honest among phonies, and (two) writing for Armenians, which, in case you didn't know, happens to be a capital offense in our environment. You want proof? Read a text on the history of Armenian literature or the biography of any Armenian writer chosen at random. And if you are too lazy to do that, consider the fact that our history has been shaped by ruthless foreign tyrants and their collaborators among us. Allow me to remind you that two of the most notorious executioners of writers – Talaat and Stalin – earned their reputation with the full support and assistance of our traitors.
Nothing comes easier to an Armenian than to assert a superior brand of patriotism. And it goes without saying that he who has a high opinion of himself, will also have a correspondingly low opinion of his fellow men, so low in fact that he will assume none of them to be smart enough to see through him. A truly superior man does not feel the need to assert superiority. Only the inferior (“storin” or “varnots” in Armenian) do that to cover up their inferiority.
In an environment where propagandists are rated above intellectuals, not only the intellectuals but also the people will be at the mercy of executioners. For more on this subject, read a text on our history, provided of course it is not written by a hireling.
What are liars afraid of? The truth, of course, which they try to bury with their lies. But truth, which has a life all its own, refuses to remain buried forever. Its resurrection, which may happen in three or thirty three days or years, is inevitable. It is the awareness of this inevitability that liars fear.
#
Saturday, October 18, 2008
ON BIAS
If you classify your fellow men as Black and White, or Muslim and Christian, or Turk and Armenian, you introduce bias. Think of them as human beings and you will be surprised what happens next. What I am saying has nothing to do with Christian or any other kind of morality. Turning the other is an alien concept to me. So is loving my enemy or forgiving those who trespass against me. True, I was brought up as a Christian but my ethics remain pagan. If someone slaps me, my first instinct is to want to kill him. I think of both Turks and Armenians as human beings because that's what they are, and I have discovered that some Armenians are more Turk than Armenian, and some Turks are more civilized than some Armenians.
In a democratic environment a disagreement is just a disagreement. In a fascist environment a disagreement can be a capital offense or provoke verbal abuse.
In a civilized environment, if you speak honestly, even those who disagree with you will respect you.
I believe in the Turkish version of our past as much as I believe in our own. I question the honesty of Turkish politicians as much as I question the honesty of all politicians, including our own. Nothing can be more naпve and foolish than to say our enemies are pathological liars but we speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
#

Old 18.10.2008, 17:00   #27
Бакалавр

everything i write is an answer to a speciic question. anyone who says i don't answer questions is a liar. i may not answer fools, but i answer..../ara

Old 18.10.2008, 17:20   #28
the mochinger

lol /ara

Old 18.10.2008, 19:11   #29
Студент

What more can any one add to what you had to say ? you answered every one's question . keep on writing Ara.

Old 19.10.2008, 03:42   #30
Академик

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabaliozian View Post
Nothing can be more naпve and foolish than to say our enemies are pathological liars but we speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
#
Can somebody explain me where did the symbol п come from ? Cyrilic P ???

BTW Ara Read your words before calling me a liar

And I really wonder when somebody insults you, when somebody verbally abuses you, you are a victim but when somebody stands against you with no verbal abuse in his speech, with respect and good manner of dialogue he tracks your writings, tries to view them in some angle and calls people for an action but with no abuse and hurt in it guess what you do ?

Yep ! you call that person a liar. Nice. Really nice

Реклама:
реклама