I always thought that jocks about Bush's limited mental capasity are exagerated. These are phrases from his speeches. Sorry, it's a bit too long.
Jorge Bush says:
“I don’t know whether I’m going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I’m ready for the job. And if not, that’s just the way it goes.”
“I understand small business growth. I was one.”
“I know the human beings and fish can coexist peacefully.” - my favorit one
The administration I’ll bring is a group of men and women who are focused on what’s best for America, honest men and women, decent men and women, women who will see service to our country as a great privilege and will not stain the house.”
“They have miscalculated me as a leader.”
“They misunderestimated me.”
“That’s a chapter, the last chapter of the twentieth, twentieth, twenty-first century that most of us would rather forget. The last chapter of the twentieth century. This is the first chapter of the twenty-first century.”
“There is a huge trust. I see it all the time when people come up to me and say, <I don’t want you to let me down again.>”
“We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbor just like you like to be liked yourself.”
“Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.”
“I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.”
“We want our teachers to be trained so they can meet the obligations, their obligations as teachers. We want them to know how to teach the science of reading. In order to make sure there’s not this kind of federal – federal cufflink.”
“One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.” That is what he likes about books - pictures!!!
“Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?” - note the grammar
“It’s clearly a budget. It’s got a lot of numbers in it.”
“If the East Timorians decide to revolt, I’m sure I’ll have a statement.”
“Keep good relations with the Grecians.”
“I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy.”
“I hope to get a sense of, should I be fortunate enough to be the president, how my administration will react to the Middle East.”
“It’s your money. You paid for it.”
“If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow.”
“One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected.”
“This campaign not only hears the voices of the entrepreneurs and the farmers and the entrepreneurs, we hear the voices of those struggling to get ahead.”
“I think we agree, the past is over.”
“Actually, I – this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I’m talking about – when I’m talking about myself, and when he’s talking about myself, all of us are talking about me.”
“And there’s no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail.”
“I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe – I believe what I believe is right.”
“The terrorist acts and, you know, the responses have got to end in order for us to get the framework – the groundwork – not the framework, the groundwork to discuss a framework for peace, to lay the – all right.”
“We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease.”
“Do you have blacks too?”
“Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican.”
“They didn’t think we were a nation that could conceivably sacrifice for something greater than our self; that we were soft, that we were so self-absorbed and so materialistic that we wouldn’t defend anything we believed in. My, were they wrong. They just were reading the wrong magazine, or watching the wrong Springer show.”
“It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber.”
“We are concerned about AIDS inside our White House – make no mistake about it.”
“Governor, thank you very much. I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport.”
“I am mindful of difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that the difference is they pass the laws and I execute them.”
“I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come and witness my hanging.”
“If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I’m the dictator.” Oh, that's honest, isn't it?
“Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call in hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods.”
“There’s no such thing as legacies. At least, there is a legacy, but I’ll never see it.”
“The thing that’s important for me is to remember what’s the most important thing.”
“Well, I think if you say you’re going to do something and don’t do it, that’s trustworthiness.”
“I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun.”