Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > Technical sections > Languages, Compilers, Interpreters

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Sql Collation Problem
Old 15.03.2004, 18:20   #1
Младенец
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Iran
Age: 43
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
Question Sql Collation Problem

Hi
I am building a site . I need to Save Unicode Armenian Data in Sql . which Collation sould I choose for my Sql DataBase

Thanks In Advance

Old 16.03.2004, 17:03   #2
Moderator
 
acid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Location: South Korea, Gumi
Posts: 7,699
Blog Entries: 16
Rep Power: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masud
Hi
I am building a site . I need to Save Unicode Armenian Data in Sql . which Collation sould I choose for my Sql DataBase

Thanks In Advance
Hi. Do you want to save Unicode Armenian data statically just once or dynamically using some web programming language (php, perl...).

Old 18.03.2004, 10:02   #3
Младенец
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Iran
Age: 43
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid
Hi. Do you want to save Unicode Armenian data statically just once or dynamically using some web programming language (php, perl...).
Hi
I'm using asp .net . and I 'm dynamiclly saving data into sql DataBase.
I should use a right Sql Collation to enable my database to save Armenian Unicode

Old 18.03.2004, 10:57   #4
who
cares?..
 
who's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: RA Army
Age: 56
Posts: 149
Rep Power: 0
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masud
Hi
I am building a site . I need to Save Unicode Armenian Data in Sql . which Collation sould I choose for my Sql DataBase
utf8


Old 18.03.2004, 16:16   #5
Младенец
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Iran
Age: 43
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
Default

Hi
Come on man ! UTF8 is not a Sql Collation . it is kind of unicode encoding that offcourse support Armenian character . I use UTF8 encoding to save my aspx web pages it allows Armenian Unicode to be written properly in the page but I need an equivalant in Sql . I need to set an Sql Collation Like "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" that supports Armenian Unicode. (It is not Support Armenian Unicode)

Old 18.03.2004, 19:04   #6
who
cares?..
 
who's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: RA Army
Age: 56
Posts: 149
Rep Power: 0
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masud
Hi
Come on man ! UTF8 is not a Sql Collation . it is kind of unicode encoding that offcourse support Armenian character . I use UTF8 encoding to save my aspx web pages it allows Armenian Unicode to be written properly in the page but I need an equivalant in Sql . I need to set an Sql Collation Like "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" that supports Armenian Unicode. (It is not Support Armenian Unicode)
Гыгы.. ну и что мы понимаем под "Sql Collation" ?!

Например в MySQL есть charset UTF8 и соответствующий ему collation utf8_general_ci.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Charset-charsets.html

Также есть armscii8. И кстати, мускуль отлично поддерживает все приобразования из юникода в армски и обратно

Old 18.03.2004, 19:28   #7
Moderator
 
acid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Location: South Korea, Gumi
Posts: 7,699
Blog Entries: 16
Rep Power: 8
Default

who
I don't think using russian is appropriate here.

Old 18.03.2004, 20:38   #8
who
cares?..
 
who's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: RA Army
Age: 56
Posts: 149
Rep Power: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid
who
I don't think using russian is appropriate here.
ну если автор топика не понимает по русски, я думаю он нам об этом скажет.

Кроме того, я не владею английским в достаточно свободной форме.

Old 18.03.2004, 21:24   #9
Младенец
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Iran
Age: 43
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by who
Гыгы.. ну и что мы понимаем под "Sql Collation" ?!

Например в MySQL есть charset UTF8 и соответствующий ему collation utf8_general_ci.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Charset-charsets.html

Также есть armscii8. И кстати, мускуль отлично поддерживает все приобразования из юникода в армски и обратно
Thanks a Lot for being such helpful. You know Microsoft Sql Server is somehow diffrent with MySql . I know it sould support Utf8 charset but it does not have a collation name : "utf8_general_ci."
You know the codepage for Armenian Unicode ?
thanks again

Old 19.03.2004, 08:01   #10
who
cares?..
 
who's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: RA Army
Age: 56
Posts: 149
Rep Power: 0
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masud
... I know it sould support Utf8 charset but it does not have a collation name : "utf8_general_ci."
You know the codepage for Armenian Unicode ?
thanks again
Yes, it should!

And of course collation name may/should differ! But I can't imagine, that there is no list of supported charsets/collations by M$ SQL Server in it's documentation!

I'm not interested in any Microsux related product, but simple query in google helped me to find the answer for your problem. Funny, but really threre is no collation for Unicode, they use special types instead:

Quote:
In Microsoft SQL Server, these data types support Unicode data:

* nchar

* nvarchar

* ntext

Note The n prefix for these data types comes from the SQL-92 standard for National (Unicode) data types.

Use of nchar, nvarchar, and ntext is the same as char, varchar, and text, respectively, except that:

* Unicode supports a wider range of characters.

* More space is needed to store Unicode characters.

* The maximum size of nchar and nvarchar columns is 4,000 characters, not 8,000 characters like char and varchar.

* Unicode constants are specified with a leading N: N'A Unicode string'.

* All Unicode data uses the same Unicode code page. Collations do not control the code page used for Unicode columns, only attributes such as comparison rules and case sensitivity.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...on_03_6voh.asp

Old 19.03.2004, 09:38   #11
nightmare
 
spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: Russia, Moscow
Age: 49
Posts: 279
Rep Power: 5
Default

you can view www.aip.am... it can be an example for you ...
charset of pages is charset=windows-1251
then MSSQL set to the Cirillic_General_CL_AS ...
so the armenian unicode text saved htmlencoded ...
thats all ... SQLServer does'nt have a collection for unicode as I know ...

Old 20.03.2004, 12:49   #12
Младенец
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Iran
Age: 43
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by who
Yes, it should!

And of course collation name may/should differ! But I can't imagine, that there is no list of supported charsets/collations by M$ SQL Server in it's documentation!

I'm not interested in any Microsux related product, but simple query in google helped me to find the answer for your problem. Funny, but really threre is no collation for Unicode, they use special types instead:



http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...on_03_6voh.asp
I Uses n- Charachter Types but Data save characters is "?" it is really questionable ! why .
I Set My Page charset=windows-1251
I Set My Database Collation = Cyrlic_General_CL_AS
But Still I Get "???" instead of Characters
I really Thanks for your help , Now I'm exploring www.aip.am I hope I can Find something there

Old 20.03.2004, 16:30   #13
Moderator
 
acid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Location: South Korea, Gumi
Posts: 7,699
Blog Entries: 16
Rep Power: 8
Default

Using charset windows-1251 definitely won't help. Use charset=utf-8 instead.
And I doubt Cyrlic_General_CL_AS is right collation.

Cheers.

Old 21.03.2004, 06:08   #14
Младенец
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Iran
Age: 43
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
Default

Hi
First I Use Charset = "Unicode UTF8" but with Sql_General_CL_AS does not work niether Cyrillic_General !! and Still Get ? instead of Characters
I try to look into www.aip.am but it is so slow and I can not even register into it.
Reply




Реклама:
реклама
Buy text link .

All times are GMT. The time now is 23:11.
Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.