Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > General Discussions > English Only

Old 11.09.2004, 11:44   #16
панаехавший

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid
At least I believe google can handle more resources, be nicer and offer better service than mail.ru.
The [only] good thing about the russian e-zone is that it is not effected by western commercialization. I remember the time when yahoo stopped offering pop3 access (for there were the old times when it did).

Old 11.09.2004, 11:55   #17
Магистр

Yaho is making realy ****!!!!

But do you know if gmail are giving popmails?

Here you got 5 unlimited email account but each kontarkt of ADSL internet connection.
And when you take hosting for one yaer they offering Unlimit. EMail POP3 Accounts.

Old 11.09.2004, 12:49   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix
The [only] good thing about the russian e-zone is that it is not effected by western commercialization. I remember the time when yahoo stopped offering pop3 access (for there were the old times when it did).
It's because russians doesn't yet reach certain volumes of users, nothing to do with the west. Let them get bigger and they'll cut your pop3 access just like that.

Quote:
But do you know if gmail are giving popmails?
Google does't provide pop3/smtp access.

Old 11.09.2004, 13:52   #19
Provocative

Obelix and Svoy!

If you want POP3 and SMTP access to Yahoo mail just go to
Code:
http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/
and find out the little pearl they have there waiting for you...

Cheers!

Old 11.09.2004, 13:53   #20
панаехавший

I also noticed that google doesn't provide pop3 (though they have the magic word _yet_ in their statement).

I believe that the issue with russians is not that of a lack of users. Since most of the users are russians,.one wouldn't expect them to pay for somethinglike an email account, or moreover, some bonuses to it. You must also remember, that the russian e-zone probably has the greatest amount of pirate soft and music. The soviet mentality really does it's job here.

Old 11.09.2004, 14:02   #21
панаехавший

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stone
Obelix and Svoy!

If you want POP3 and SMTP access to Yahoo mail just go to
Code:
http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/
and find out the little pearl they have there waiting for you...

Cheers!
I hadn't seen this before, though frankly I must have thought about it, considering that i've done some work on similar projects. Anyway, it's my guess (i haven't had time to look through the code) that the work of this client depends strictly on the yahoo web interface template.

Old 11.09.2004, 14:14   #22
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix
I hadn't seen this before, though frankly I must have thought about it, considering that i've done some work on similar projects. Anyway, it's my guess (i haven't had time to look through the code) that the work of this client depends strictly on the yahoo web interface template.
I'm not a programmer so I can't say what's the approach of YahooPops. What I can say is that it works fine at least for POP3. Never sent a message from Yahoo so I don't know about SMTP...

Cheers!

Last edited by Red Stone; 11.09.2004 at 14:45.

Old 11.09.2004, 16:52   #23
the happiest girl

After few days you get a gmail account, you would be able to invite your friends or so I have been told. But days passed and I still have not got that inviting feature or whatever that is. I wonder if there is any logical explanation to that?

Old 11.09.2004, 17:28   #24
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsilocybeLarvae
After few days you get a gmail account, you would be able to invite your friends or so I have been told. But days passed and I still have not got that inviting feature or whatever that is. I wonder if there is any logical explanation to that?
You should make use of it, I think. That's what I've done (and Acid too, I guess...)

Old 11.09.2004, 17:32   #25
the happiest girl

Red Stone, I am pretty much using it. A friend of mine could invite people after he logged in for the second time when in fact he never sent or received any email except that first welcoming message

Old 11.09.2004, 17:41   #26
Provocative

Quote:
Red Stone, I am pretty much using it. A friend of mine could invite people after he logged in for the second time when in fact he never sent or received any email except that first welcoming message
If it's like that, I give up understanding. May be they do it randomly... but if they do so, I feel strange cause it's not like me being awarded...
But if you need some invitation, you may choose Acid, Obelix or me, or all of us...

Old 11.09.2004, 17:47   #27
Provocative

By the way, something important I forgot to say:

The invitations are sent to email addresses. You better not send them to Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, as they bounce them back, and the invitation is lost!

Cheers!

Old 11.09.2004, 18:15   #28
the happiest girl

Quote:
If it's like that, I give up understanding. May be they do it randomly... but if they do so, I feel strange cause it's not like me being awarded...
Red Stone, ever since you have met even less award-ed person, moi, your luck has been changed

Quote:
But if you need some invitation, you may choose Acid, Obelix or me, or all of us...
tough choice, think I'll go with eeni meeni minee mo

oops, realized am flooding

Old 11.09.2004, 22:18   #29
Provocative

Quote:
tough choice, think I'll go with eeni meeni minee mo
Why? Don't you like us? Or... do you like us too much?

Old 12.09.2004, 06:16   #30
панаехавший

Quote:
I'm not a programmer so I can't say what's the approach of YahooPops. What I can say is that it works fine at least for POP3. Never sent a message from Yahoo so I don't know about SMTP...

Cheers!
Well, as far as I understood, YahooPops simply opens the web page and works with it as a human would do, and then simulates a pop3 server. If the pop3 works the SMTP must not be any problem.

Реклама:
реклама