Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > General Discussions > English Only

Feeling at home... (inspired by Obelix)
Old 31.05.2005, 21:07   #1
Provocative

Default Feeling at home... (inspired by Obelix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix
-Do you feel yourself at home in some foreign country.
Hi!

I wasn't in time for replying, but this gave me an idea.

As you know, I'm portuguese. I was born in Porto (Oporto for british and castillians) and live nearby. I adore my city, in spite of all the holes they're making there for the surface underground (S-bahn, as germans call it).

Every time I go to Lisbon (our capital city) I feel myself abroad. Every time I land in Heathrow (London airport) I feel at home.

Can someone make a little effort, trying to find out why?

Thanks!
De ton corps doux et chaud,
J'ai envie d'être aimé Domino

From a beautiful love song of the 50s called Domino, music by Louis Ferrari, lyrics by Jacques Plante

Old 31.05.2005, 22:44   #2
Студент

That is so hard to explain Red Stone , I was born in Palestine /Isreal , raised in Canada , back and forth between Canada and Jerusalem for schooling . since my father's death Armenia is where I feel most at home and want to live . he was black listed by the communist party and could never go back to his home land . Red Stone you may also have a deep emotional attachment to London , find out .

Old 31.05.2005, 23:01   #3
Provocative

Ok! I add this to what I said before:

Not counting the many business trips I made, I lived during about 6 months in London and about 2 years in Paris (here I feel abroad, in spite of speaking much better french than english)...

May be... just may be I have my own explanation, but I would like to having other opinions...

Cheers!

Old 02.06.2005, 05:44   #4
Бакалавр

hmmm try to find out if there is someone(s) who is(are) the reason(s) although sometimes it can be without reasons.

Old 02.06.2005, 17:11   #5
Студент

Red Stone that's it I think Tropical is right , may be you have a spaciel some one in london . like I said emotional attachment .

Old 02.06.2005, 17:36   #6
Provocative

Ok! I'm going to introduce some more details for the sake of... confusion!

As I said, I've lived 2 years in Paris. Within those two years during two particular months I loved that city! The reason? I've lived during those two months a passion of a lifetime. Had no interest before, and the same happened afterwards. For me, Paris like Venice, are places just for lovers! The remaining - no offence to anyone - is spam of monuments!

A bit off-topic (may be not), for me Frankfurt is the uggliest city that I know. When stating this to an american colleague (of profession) who lived there for some time, he replied:
"You're right. Nevertheless it's the best place to live in Europe: it's only a maximum of two hours flight for reaching any decent city!"

Cheers!

Old 02.06.2005, 23:03   #7
Студент

( I love Paris in the summer , I love paris in the winter , I love Paris in the spring time . I love Paris in the fall ), do you know this song Red Stone?
We are not doing very well for you R S , are we?

Old 02.06.2005, 23:40   #8
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevana
( I love Paris in the summer , I love paris in the winter , I love Paris in the spring time . I love Paris in the fall ), do you know this song Red Stone?
I used to sing it years before I went to Paris for the first time...

All this is absolutely true and I would like to find out how much you know me... after all I think that while somehow complicated, I am quite transparent...

Cheers!

Old 03.06.2005, 03:58   #9
панаехавший

Glad that i've come to inspire something

Actually as I think of it, the only place I did feel at home was athens (well and greece as a whole, although I didn't do much travelling outside athens). The reason being mainly the people, in fact I didn't like the city a lot.

Old 07.06.2005, 20:59   #10
Provocative

Ok! Thanks to those who replied!

I'm going to give my own explanation to what I feel.

I have some really true real friends (both sexes) in London, and in Lisbon, as in Paris, there is no one to whom I can call a real friend. On arrival to London even if I'm not going to see any of my friends (and it happened frequently, due to my busy schedules) I feel my friends' smell and it's enough for me.

Now to Sevana, complementing the song and my thoughts about Paris, I just say "... because my love is here!" Otherwise...

------

Oh My! I just saw I got my baccalaureate!

Cheers!

Old 08.06.2005, 04:32   #11
Студент

mmmmmm you are a romantic Red Stone and I think that you are in love my friend you have not lived until you fell in love

Old 08.06.2005, 18:38   #12
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevana
mmmmmm you are a romantic Red Stone and I think that you are in love my friend you have not lived until you fell in love
Right and wrong!

Right -> I'm un incurable romantic.
Wrong -> I'm not in love at present, and I've already learnt that passion dies, and true friendship never dies!

Cheers!

Реклама:
реклама