Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > General Discussions > English Only

The Portuguese language (Its History)
Old 18.08.2005, 10:25   #1
Banned

Default The Portuguese language (Its History)

I found it very interesting and thought I have to share it with you

http://www.linguaportuguesa.ufrn.br/en_index.php

have fun!

Old 18.08.2005, 13:14   #2
Provocative

Thank you, U! (sorry I don't like using numbers when people are concerned)

Quite interesting while with some (not important) little imprecisions. A pity that the asian area is still under construction.

Hope to seeing you around here more often, meu irmão!

Old 19.08.2005, 17:54   #3
★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stone
Thank you, U! (sorry I don't like using numbers when people are concerned)

besides that language thing, Portugal has really a proud history .. Vasco da gama, Magellan sort of a sea-loving sea-faring nation ...

Unfortunately, I have not been to portugal but read much about your history and heard also some portuguese at the university where I studied with two guys from Brazil although afaik thier portuguese is a little bit different from iberian but they could play excellent soccer with bare feet instead ...

http://texneg.livejournal.com

Old 19.08.2005, 19:09   #4
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrach_Techie

besides that language thing, Portugal has really a proud history .. Vasco da gama, Magellan sort of a sea-loving sea-faring nation ...
I know it's a bit off-topic but let me remind you somebody much more important than the two you quoted: Prince Henry, the navigator. He had the dream in the beginning of the XIV century. And the dream was just finding a sea-way to India, for avoiding the dependence from the arab caravans that used the ground from India to Northern Africa. What distinguishes portuguese from spanish (I should say castillians) who started their expansion about one century later with a conquest spirit, is that we just wanted to peacefully trade with the locals. And this way of seeing the things was rather influenced by Henry, a man who managed to co-ordinate a real team of christians, muslims and jews in those difficult times. He only wanted the best in all science fields. So...

The sea... well... the ground was closed by the spanish (castillians and their colonies) so we couldn't have done it otherwise.

Cheers!
De ton corps doux et chaud,
J'ai envie d'être aimé Domino

From a beautiful love song of the 50s called Domino, music by Louis Ferrari, lyrics by Jacques Plante

Реклама:
реклама