Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > General Discussions > News

Philips rollable display pocket e-Reader Readius
Old 08.09.2005, 15:03   #1

Default Philips rollable display pocket e-Reader Readius

Philips rollable display device : It seemed to me that Philips has something very interesting to show at their Philips booth. Located in hall 22, Philips offers the visitor a lot of new products from hard disk recorders to HDTV devices, Blue-Ray solutions to prototypes. Only one working device is currently present at the IFA show. Of course I needed to see this one with my own eyes so the search began. Somewhere in a corner one of Philips's demonstrating girls carried it hanging around her neck: Philips' rollable display device. Simply referred to as: "Amazing!" Ultra light and stylishly designed you can carry the rollable device with you wherever you wanna go. The device is very small and it unfolds a large display that is actually larger than the device area.

Philips rollable display - Prototype : This display device is unique. According to a Philips spokesman, Philips is the manufacturer for the parts, for the reference design, controller and driver IC's. They are communicating to other manufacturers and showing them that the ingredients are there and that it's up to them if they want to go on the market. Philips has an idea about the target group for such a device, firstly mainly for the businessman who travels around, but who likes to stay informed by e-mail, his own paper magazine, etc.

Rollabe device display - Search for content : Imagine connecting this device to rss feeders, online magazines, and other content; you will always be informed up-to-date. Future devices will enable going on the Internet and display full Internet pages. It needs a little more development and then you will be able to e-mail, work, etc the same way as you do on your PC. At this moment the device displays black and white. The battery will keep up for 10 to 30 hours. Philips managed to reduce the power consumption for the display to almost zero, that is 0%! Think again, and you will see your future mobile phone integrated with the Philips rollable display. Get your mobile, click and a large display rolls out of it, imagine the possibilities for displaying your photos, videos and other data via your mobile.

Philips e-Reader Readius - Availability : Always hard to project, but according to Philips we are talking reality. Not only are they showing a prototype, mass production will start in the third quarter of 2006 and the first devices are expected to be available before Christmas 2006.

Old 08.09.2005, 15:04   #2

http://www.ifa-show.com/2005/philips_review/101_philips_e-reader.html

Old 08.09.2005, 17:31   #3
Шестой Лесничий

Actually the idea is great, if they can manage to get the same low power consumption for color display. I've already read about 150 books on my PalmOS handheld and the only problem is the low battery life, for me personally the size and all the rolling fintiflyushkas are of now importance (in reasonable intervals of course), the power consumption is the most important aspect.

Old 08.09.2005, 17:40   #4

The battery will keep up for 10 to 30 hours.

Old 09.09.2005, 04:28   #5
Шестой Лесничий

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid
The battery will keep up for 10 to 30 hours.
Well, that's for b/w display... I was talking about color ones.

Реклама:
реклама