Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > Thematic forums > History and Politics

"Let the people that are buried under this land (their own homeland) rest in peace"
Old 31.10.2005, 15:36   #1
HOB
Догоняющий пивом

Default "Let the people that are buried under this land (their own homeland) rest in peace"

" Some of those Khachkars have engravings with Armenian characters of family names. Yet another blatent fact that those are not "Anchor Stones". Some of those Cross Stones have paint over the Armenian engravings, a sign of vandalism and an attempt to destroy the cemetery and any Armenian evidence. A little boy points to a place and starts saying "chemic, chemic". I do not understand him, so I follow him to the place were he is indicating. I come across some open graves. Human skulls and bones, are visible. The boy shouts "Ermeni" (Turkish for Armenian) ... My thoughts and feelings start getting blurry, and feelings of rage and anger emerge. They could well belong to one of my forefathers. Never the less I stay calm. In contrast, the local villagers get aggressive when we mention to them that we are Armenians. Please let the people that are buried under this land (their own homeland) rest in peace."

"The church of Akdamar is currently being renovated under UNESCO's directive to preserve sites of World Cultural Heritage.
With big disappointment I notice that the church is almost destroyed. Looking closer at the walls of the church I notice countless bullet holes all around. It is evident that people were using the decorations of the walls as targets in a shooting range. We take a quick peak inside, behind the protective barriers that have been erected due to the construction work. The chief Architect there gets angry and aggressive when he saw as taking photos of the inside. I manage to take only one photo. Regrettably, the inside does not resemble a church. It is burned, and the walls are black. There is a sign outside the church which provides some historical information. Upon reading the sign, I was not surprised to realise that the information is totally misleading. Destruction of the church and distortion of truth by the Turks. Will they never learn to speak the truth? Will they never respect culture? Is this how they aspire to enter my "home", the European Union?"
dd

bastards
Old 31.10.2005, 15:50   #2
HOB
Догоняющий пивом

Default bastards

Old 01.11.2005, 22:10   #3
Студент

UNESCO is a bit late , where were they and why did UNESCO and other organizations take so long to notice the destruction of our history and heritage , so many historical Armenian sites have been destroyed in Easten Turkey , I saw Khach kars used as retaining walls in Turkish villages in by the black sea , I saw what the churchs in Ani are being used for , I saw the church of Akhtamar on Lake Van ,Turks were playing darts at the walls of the church , and now we hear that in Georgia , the only other christian nation in the area , some people are defacing the Armenian khach kars and carving thier own crosses on them , when will the madness end , when will the govenment of Armenia protest such acts against our heritage .

Old 02.11.2005, 08:17   #4
мрачный бородач

Es gracy tesa, vonc vor geranov glxis tain

PS. Hetaqrqira, vonca hla voreve hetanos chi ekel stegh chi asel "lava de, togh 17 dar araj qristoneanery hetanosakan tacharner chvochnchacn ein"?

Old 02.11.2005, 16:21   #5

#$%#%^$^ мать @#%%#$5

скоро напишут что первыми христянами были турки !!! Во поглядите и это увидите. Так и хочется сыпатся древными армянскими проклятиями ..

Last edited by Mono; 02.11.2005 at 16:43.

Old 03.11.2005, 08:25   #6
мрачный бородач

Quote:
Так и хочется сыпатся древными армянскими проклятиями ..
Эл ми аса, Моно джан
У меня до сих пор волосы шевелятся
Неужели им И ЭТО сойдет с рук?!

Реклама:
реклама