Mileage: <6500
Engine Type: 4-stroke, Air Cooled, Parallel Twin
Valves: 2 valves/cylinder
Transmission: 5-speed
Final drive: Chain
Tires: 17" front, 15" rear
Fuel capacity: 10l (2.5 reserve)
Weight: 137kg

Packed with an electronic starter and a back-lean sit for the 2nd passenger.

General info:
Bought 2004 september from a german biker in Deutschland (still have the original german license plate), this motorcycle served me an excellent device for learning motorcycling and travelling in Armenia. Whether getting a Coke next shop or travelling to Goris, this machine is up for the job. Handy, stylish and thrifty - only 3 liters of fuel per 100km (!!). The original chopper style and additional factory tuning gives the bike unique attractiveness and charm. Sportbike fans go home. It's chopper time now. Put on some good thrash music and push the throttle, feel the wind on your face and the horizon that's curved by the speed. As Honda motto reads, 'Where you go now is up to you.'

Technical info:
The engine is in an excellent condition. The motorcycle has been properly prepared for winter storage during both seasons (2004, 2005) of me riding it. The previous owner was a biker, and I don't have any doubt about his proper maintenance as well. Chain has been regularly lubricated using a special spray, no worn sprockets whatsoever. Wheels are not worn, will still ride you for more than 2 seasons for sure. I have only been using an original Wurth synthetic SAE5w40 engine oil, as advised by the manual. No other type of oil has ever got into the engine. The brakes (front: disc, rear: drum, as usual for low-cc bikes) are in excellent condition. Exhaust is in good condition as well.
Note, the oil piston rings of the engine have once been replaced with new genuine Honda ones ordered from the shop David Silver Spares, London - official Honda parts dealer.
The lug on the speedometer gearbox is broken, and it seems like it's not fixable, so I am going to order a new speedo gearbox from David Silver Spares (cost: 70 pounds, including shipping to Armenia). If you can find a cheaper solution, contact me and I won't order it, of course excluding that amount from the price. The rear turn signals are upgraded with a more recent Rebel's signals to work also as sidelights (additional safety). The look of the signals, however, is absolutely identical to the old ones, so it doesn't affect the original Honda design. Note that even though the engine volume is 125cc, the horsepower is 24hp, which is more power than the 350cc Soviet Jawa's are capable of (21hp). The air filter is covered with a special oil and is in a good condition as well. The battery is replaced with one from computer's UPS and will most probably need replacement by the mid's of the next season. Transmission is amazingly shifty, takes literally a footclick to shift the gears.

Legal issues:
There are no legal issues. The bike is properly registered in the Republic of Armenia both customs-office and the police. The current license plate is 00-18APA. The legal owner of the bike is me, the bike has a technical passport and the technical coupons for both 2004 and 2005 years. Perhaps most of the cars around here are not as legal as my (and perhaps your future) motorcycle.

Background:
This is my first motorcycle and therefore I learned everything about motorcycling on it. I must mention - this is a perfect starting bike. I must quote here a very good review on Honda Rebel - 'Though light and agile because of it's low-cc, this baby looks, feels and acts like a 500cc bike!'. This is absolutely true, and I never had a thought different from that one, except when pushing the bike more than 140km/h. The longest journey of this bike was around 600 kilometers to the south-eastern border of Armenia near Meghri and was one of the 3 bikes in 20 to not have any technical problems during the entire hot and long trip. The bike unfortunately faced 3 minor crashes: first when learning how to turn, second near Opera when the Mercedes on my right hit me and third on the road to Tavush, near Ijevan, Haghartsin, the ground there had some liquid spilled on which I confused with water and, taking a turn (arond 70km/h), slipped and dropped the bike. During all accidents, I (happily) got injured much more than the bike. However, the nickel on the left exhaust pipe, the left engine protector, the left mirror and little part on the left of the headlight is scratched. Most of the scratches are shown on the pics. The outer look can easily be restored though and it shouldn't be a reason to reject a genuine Honda motorcycle. You can look on the web for review on this model, and I don't think you'll find any negative word.
If you are a starting rider and didn't make a mistake yet buying another motorcycle, email me! I promise you will not regret about your purchase for even a single instance.

Additional:
Buying the motorcycle, you additionally get: 1 turn signal, a complete genuine Honda Motors tool set, a Lazer 3/4 cute chopper helmet, 2 leather saddlebags (hey they cost ~$200 on eBay!) irreplaceable in long journeys, 4 additional spark-plugs, the owner's manual, a reserve key made here and an anti-theft cable.

Reason for selling:
I learned my lesson, now aiming for a higher-cc bike, 400cc to 900cc. Preferably classic or sport. If you know anything for sell - let me know please.

Price:
The price is $2000, there may be some room for going down though. Possible replacement with a motorcycle that meets the conditions written above, if the mileage is less than 10.000 and the year is not older than 1995. This is a good price for this motorcycle, anyone who makes sense in bikes would admit that.

Below are the pictures of the bike.

Old 21.11.2005, 14:12   #2
Easy rider

Front half:

Back half:

Cockpit:

Rear angle view:

Rear top angle view:

Left:

Front left angle:

Front left top angle:

Spark plug keeper on the rear backlean:

Front wheel and the dront disc fluid brake:

Old 21.11.2005, 14:17   #3
Easy rider

Dunlop wheels:

4-stroke, separate oil tank on the engine:

Toolset keeper, rear suspension and the right fender:

Handlebar right side:

Back view:

Fuel selector switch: On / Off / Reserve, top half of the engine:

Saddlebags lock:

Left exhaust pipe (scratched) and the chain:

Right genuine Honda exhaust pipe:

Right rear suspension with its adjustment knob, 2nd passenger footpeg:

Old 21.11.2005, 14:24   #4
Easy rider

Right fender with reflective strip and the 'Rebel' logo.

Fuel tank right view:

Stoplight:

Another engine oil tank view:

Headlight with the nickel scratch and the commutations box:

Another rear angle view:

Left view:

Front view (don't pay attn to the dirt on the front wheel):

Speedometer, mileage with its reset knob and the indicators: Sidestand, Highbeam, Turn signal and Neutral (when the bike is on sidestand, the engine starts only if the gear is shifted to Neutral):

Left handlebar controls: Highbeam on/off, left/right Turn signal on/off, Horn and the Choke lever:

Old 21.11.2005, 14:29   #5
Easy rider

Another left handlebar view showing the Choke lever and the Passing light switch from a better angle:

Right handlebar: Lights switch (Off / Close / Distant), the Starter button and the front brake fluid (pay attention to the fluid level and the color: excellent):

Another right handlebar: Engine switch (Off / Run):

Refueling lock, opens with the ignition key:

The former german license plate, currently hanging on the wall in my room:

Old 22.11.2005, 13:35   #6
Академик

Klassniy motik !
2K dorogovato, vse zhe. No machina prelestnaya.

Old 22.11.2005, 13:42   #7
Easy rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_z_rd
Klassniy motik !
Thanks!

Quote:
2K dorogovato, vse zhe.
..u tebya est' konstruktivnoe predlozhenie?

Quote:
No machina prelestnaya.
Thanks again!

Old 22.11.2005, 13:49   #8
Академик

Konstruktivnix net. Davno xochu motobike, no takix deneg u menya na rukax net. Tak chto esli nikto mne ne dast kredit - pridetsya poterpet`.
A starie sovetskie za 100-300 USD ne xochu brat` - moroka...

Old 23.11.2005, 07:31   #9
Easy rider

NEW YEAR SALE - 25% OFF!!
If anyone buys the bike before the New Year, I will sell it for $1500. That's 1/4 sale!

Guys, seriously! Buy it please!

Re: Honda motorcycle for sell
Old 25.12.2005, 00:28   #10
Easy rider

Default Re: Honda motorcycle for sell

Christmas time - time of surprises and crazy offers!
Merry Christmas, and it adds +2 bonus free MP3 CDs to the offer, featuring complete Metallica discography in 192kbps, packed with photos of the band, lyrics for the songs and the Winamp player!!
If you're a Metallica fan, this bike's made for you. If you're not, you can ride the bike over the CD shop and buy the band you like most!

Save your bandwidth. Buy my Rebel. Buy it.

Old 28.12.2005, 03:31   #11
Студент

Silver , don't come down with price , it is a beautiful machine , the right person will come by , keep it as long as it may take besides you dont have a replacement yet . do you ?

Old 05.01.2006, 01:45   #12
Easy rider

OK you guys
New Year is not new anymore, and the sale offer flew away with Santa.

$2000 current price. Metallica CD is still included, though

Реклама:
реклама