Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > Technical sections > Software

Total Protection For PC
Old 12.08.2007, 00:29   #1
Devashish

Smile Total Protection For PC

This thread is initiated to discuss and share nouns on Total Protection of Computer. It has been seeing for last few years that new threats are emerging specially for user friendly and easy to use GUI Operating System like MS Windows, to get away with this problem I had submitted an ebook too, pertaining "Registry Editor" for MS operating systems and soon will post some techniques to tackle "Batch files" and "executable files", before that I found it very important to post a third party software (for us now as a freeware, though would request to buy genuine copy) which might provide total protection. Here are the links for McAfee (A well known brand) for PC's total security tool, use it and if have any problem or praising then keep the spirit of all alive by replying:-
hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/46836245/McAfee_Total_Protection_2007_PROPER_Retail.rar
hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/46836245/McAfee_Total_Protection_2007_PROPER_Retail.rar
Do not forget to change "hxxp" to "http", Have a nice time.

Old 13.08.2007, 01:53   #2
Provocative

Hi!

May be I'm going to be a bit polemic... may be not...

I don't use McAfee products for a long time now. Why? Because years ago I found the antivirus to be like a basketball basket. Honestly I don't know how they are now, and am not interested in finding out.

But for security purposes I think that first of all the users of Windows should defend themselves from M$oft first. XP-AntiSpy is quite a good util and is freeware.

In my opinion the best antivirus out there is Kaspersky and the best firewall is Agnitum Outpost. Problems are that Kaspersky eats too many resources and for dealing with Outpost you need to take a full course. A good solution can be F-Secure Internet Security (which I currently use) that offers you antivirus and firewall in one compact package.

For closing the bouquet another freeware, Spybot - Search and Destroy, for defending you from some malware not detected by the others.

If someone need links for any of these, just let me know, and I'll make a search.

By the way, total protection doesn't exist. Even with the above indicated you should always light a candle and pray for not getting invaded and/or infected...

Cheers!
De ton corps doux et chaud,
J'ai envie d'être aimé Domino

From a beautiful love song of the 50s called Domino, music by Louis Ferrari, lyrics by Jacques Plante

Old 13.08.2007, 05:52   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stone View Post
By the way, total protection doesn't exist. Even with the above indicated you should always light a candle and pray for not getting invaded and/or infected...
It does exist! Just don't power on your PC and it will be totally safe, at least from software point of view.

Old 13.08.2007, 11:22   #4
Provocative

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid View Post
It does exist! Just don't power on your PC and it will be totally safe, at least from software point of view.
M De La Palisse wouldn't say it better!!!

Old 14.08.2007, 13:05   #5
Devashish

Mr. RedStone your suggestions are very significant, actually I posted those links for those people who have very lesser time to deal with malicious situations, I personally believe that one should do all the removal task by himself manually, though it is very time consuming and needs much patience; and for professionals not at all feasible. My Idea is to create a base where MS OS main features' analysis is provided that are mostly affected by those hazards, like the registry editor. I too agree with the fact that most of them affect OS by third party softwares or arrive with them, but atleast we can try to analysis all MS Windows components, making sure some more dependability on our own skills.

Реклама:
реклама