Go Back   Armenian Knowledge Base > Thematic forums > Art

Elephants Dream
Old 22.03.2008, 18:55   #1
bored elephant

Default Elephants Dream

Elephants Dream is the world’s first open movie, made entirely with open source graphics software such as Blender. You can download it in HD format here...

Elephants Dream Download & Watch

Old 25.03.2008, 05:52   #2
Младенец

impressive

Old 25.03.2008, 13:09   #3
the mochinger

****s that the movie's attribute is sth like "first made by ..."
movies should be great by themselves

Old 25.03.2008, 21:37   #4
bored elephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Andersen View Post
****s that the movie's attribute is sth like "first made by ..."
movies should be great by themselves
(I guess) here the point was not the movie but the fact that the open-source 3d animation software can provide the same productivity and "fanciness" as the existing commercial versions do. Obviously the movie itself isn't made to be "deep", it's made to "advertise" Blender. (which in my opinion still ****s compared to 3d max, because it's not intuitive at all, but that's probably just me... )

Old 25.03.2008, 21:39   #5
bored elephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by annienel View Post
impressive
I watched it in HD, that was something, the graphics is really cool!

Old 26.03.2008, 03:44   #6
холостяк и точка.

скачал ) ... грустно )

Old 26.03.2008, 05:59   #7
the happiest girl

Bassam Kurdali, Director of Elephants Dream, explained the plot of the movie by saying:

"The story is very simple—I'm not sure you can call it a complete story even—It is about how people create ideas/stories/fictions/social realities and communicate them or impose them on others. Thus Proog has created (in his head) the concept of a special place/machine, that he tries to "show" to Emo. When Emo doesn't accept his story, Proog becomes desperate and hits him. It's a parable of human relationships really—You can substitute many ideas (money, religion, social institutions, property) instead of Proog's machine—the story doesn't say that creating ideas is bad, just hints that it is better to share ideas than force them on others. There are lots of little clues/hints about this in the movie—many little things have a meaning—but we're not very "tight" with it, because we are hoping people will have their own ideas about the story, and make a new version of the movie. In this way (and others) we tie the story of the movie with the "open movie" idea."

Реклама:
реклама